• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Yea that's what I thought. These are the video ads that play on start up and let you skip after n seconds. The add is a full 60 sec long(and takes a long time to get near the point) so he is also brilliant ad man ;)

Frankly it takes do long to get near the point that it may not even work on TV. Let alone I internet...

But if he starts Biding up the price of certain ad words...

Well let's see.... perhaps we should start spelling 'gun'... 'freedom stick'. :)

ok, good point. I did not quite realize that they got money from these ads but I should have, I guess. don't click! Unfortunately, that's probably like saying don't look at a car accident as you drive by it.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    He should be ashamed of himself. Did anyone else notice the timing of his announcement?

Today is the anniversary of the Virginia Tech mass shooting that took so many innocent lives.

I noticed. Pretty tired of the civil rights violators trotting out this anniversary to attempt to prove a point.

The killer passed a background check (he actually passed two).
    The killer used low capacity magazines (10 and 15 round).
    The school was a gun-free zone.
    The killer used pistols.
    The killer killed himself at the first sign of armed resistance.

None of the things they are trying to do (more background checks, normal capacity magazine bans, cosmetic feature bans on rifles, less concealed carry, less SYG) has one single thing to do with preventing it from happening again there or anywhere else.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    "I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close," Bloomberg said.

I'm not sure it works that way...

According to my in-laws, Jews don't believe in a "Heaven" the way Christians do, so that makes Bloomberg's rambling especially weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    According to my in-laws, Jews don't believe in a "Heaven" the way Christians do, so that makes Bloomberg's rambling especially weird.

Since Judaism is more about doing good works and following the law, you could say "earn" is a valid word.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

He's only Jewish at election time in nyc. If he goes national he will plead agnostic as he just did. Heaven and Hell are more chrstisn ideas, but even at that more Milton than new testament.

However, bloomy has just offended every Jew who ever did a mitzvah. And he is likely too stupid to know why.

Here is why. Its only a mitzvah if you do it when know one sees. Like Aristolte and countless others have said .. honor virtue etc are what you do when no one is watching --- not even god.

He has always been an ass now he brays like one as well.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    If there is a god, I would hope that he/she would be just enough to not allow the guy that pushed the racist stop and frisk policies into heaven. This isn’t even about gun control, Bloomberg is just a flat out bad person.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    CNBC (Comcast's financial tv network) has mentioned Bloomberg's $50 NRA challenge several times today, starting with a debate among Becky Quick, ___, and Joe Kernan at 7:0ish this morning.

Coming up soon, piece saying his challenge "...might paradoxically result in more gun sales."

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    CNBC (Comcast's financial tv network) has mentioned Bloomberg's $50 NRA challenge several times today, starting with a debate among Becky Quick, ___, and Joe Kernan at 7:0ish this morning.

Coming up soon, piece saying his challenge "...might paradoxically result in more gun sales."

What is Bloomberg's $50 NRA challenge?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I know it will result in more donations to the NRA-ILA. I had planned to deal with the mid-month bills this evening, so I will already be sitting down with the checkbook open.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What is Bloomberg's $50 NRA challenge?

I left out the million. They're referring to it as $50 million "challenge" to the NRA by funding his new anti group with $50 million. They're running a lot of teasers for it but haven't run this show's discussion of it yet.

This morning's show was with Becky Quick, Andrew Ross Sorkin, and Joe Kernan. I caught the tail end -- Quick and Sorkin were in favor of more extensive background checks. Kernan complained that his took 8 months -- they paused and looked at him like he was from Mars! For a second I thought they were going to get up and walk off set, or ask him to. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom