• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    A friend of mine and I went to the last Fredericksburg show. It was OK, but not great. There were fair prices on Magpul 30 rounders with or w/o windows. Powder, primers, and bullets seemed fair but I'm not a reloader. Complete AR's were pricey. Vendors had Bushy Carbons for $850, they're $750 in PA right now. What made it a mess for me was the lack of knowledge on the seller's part concerning out of state sales and their unwillingness to ship to MD FFL after they were shown the laws. One seller had an MD knowledgeable employee who schooled them on the law. They still wouldn't sell a stripped lower to me. We talked to many vendors who wouldn't cash and carry uppers. I found that odd.

I decided that I wanted a complete lower. I found TWO sellers who would do FFL transfer and only one of them had what I really liked (Spike's forged lower) and were willing to deal with my local FFL. After a call to the FFL I was into a billet SWAT lower with Magpul grip and stock for less than the price of the SPIKE's I was interested in. Hated to take money from the pleasant husband and wife sellers at the show, but it's nice to put money into the pocket of a fellow SOMD'er.

I agree prices were very high, and there seemed to be a lot of basement sellers. I wouldn't buy my mags at a show, I just get them online since I'm free to now.
    Chantilly is usually crazy busy so I just don't go

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I hope you VA guys are paying attention to your Governor race..........Don't be MD....Keep Dems out

They've already infiltrated. We just need to beat them into submission and start converting the ones that aren't FAR left.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom