• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Just got the call today to pick up the gun I paid for on Jan 16th!

Would you believe the timing? I can't get to that shop for another week! (I have to work overtime all next week!).

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    We received paperwork back today that was dated from Jan 21st but still have paperwork not returned from dates that are prior to that.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They must have 80-100 guns out on the shelves with paperwork for pick ups. Kevin said that they had a similar amount in the back and were taking turns making all the phone calls.

They had some refreshed inventory there including CZ 75 BD pistols and Sig 239s in .357 sig, an attractive caliber in the current market where more popular calibers are depleted. Prices for their guns or ammo remains a bit high, even in the current market, but their store site is convenient and staff are helpful.

Sent using Tapatalk

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    My dealer has 75% of his paperwork back from 1/18.
    Mine was not part of that batch... damn it.
    37 days.

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Im at 37 days tomorrow. Somethings gotta be wrong. Technically I can't buy another regulated firearm until 30 days after I receive my pistol from 37 days ago. WTF this crap is pissing me off.
    ashpgaiwugq[gh3[30q4gh0q3[gh4[h0[bivhn['oqbvnoasks;anv;asnbva;sbvn;adsvbn;asbn;dasnf;asf AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    This is absolutely ridiculous. over a month to do a back round check...I would assume they would have prepared for this a little more in advanced. Maybe I don't understand. Isn't the NICS already a backround check? What's with the paper work? I know MD has a 7-10 waiting period but what is the MSP doing that is taking so long, I though most of this process was electronic? If it's a sheer volume issue, can they not bring in some relief? On top of King ********** and his moronic sidekick, MD's fearless douche bag Ole'stupidity all working against us (I didn't forget about Queen assmouth, but just the thought of her makes me want to hang, draw and quater her ass.) Now we have the MSP making the process even more difficult....Gun's store shelves empty, ammo non existent, 35 day waitng periods.....How are we supposed to believe that froshty the flamboyant ******* and his gaggle of ignorant jock straps have any where near the support they are claiming to have? I don't mean to rant....actually, yeah I do... because I'm looking to buying a .45 and it's seems to me, like many others mid June, early July I should be expecting my "Not Dissapproved" stamp....I'm just a little confused as to why all the ******** to exercise our 2nd amendment, is all.

I will try to answer as best I can, NICS is a background check, but MD doesn't report all things, such as mental institution and the like, to NICS, they want to run their own checks and have several systems they run through. This leads to lots of work from an individual officer to get through the entire check.

MD doesn't have a 7-10 day waiting period per-se, its just more that they don't have everything electronic. If they were completely electronic in their methodology then it would be immediate. The 7-10 days is supposedly how long it takes to go through the process that they have.

The reason for the delay is that in the past 2 months they received more applications than they did all of last year, and I would be surprised if it was twice what they went through all last year. They are bringing in help from all over the state and it is making a dent, but the pile is getting bigger as more apps are coming in than they can get through in a single day at this point.

I understand your frustration, really I do. I am in the same boat. I am going nuts looking for ammo for my recent buy. I am waiting for my paperwork. I put mine in a little over a week ago and honestly I would be surprised if I got it before April, and yes I find that ridiculous. After Newtown, all the gun-grabbing libs thought this was their opportunity to hit us nation wide and the effect has been staggering with everyone panicking.

There is nothing we can do at this point but to do our best to be patient and ride this thing out. Fight in the gun-grabbers, try to get ammo for your new purchase and plan a range day to celebrate/vent the day after you pick up your new baby.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    This is absolutely ridiculous. over a month to do a back round check...I would assume they would have prepared for this a little more in advanced. Maybe I don't understand. Isn't the NICS already a backround check? What's with the paper work? I know MD has a 7-10 waiting period but what is the MSP doing that is taking so long, I though most of this process was electronic?

Maybe the gun and ammo manufacturers should have seen this coming too??

The MSP division that does this work has pretty old junk for computers and our former 6-10 day wait includes MD data bases that MD does not share with FBI for NICS ... proposal to require this sharing was shot down in the MD Senate committee the other night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom