• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saltyphotog

Feb 19, 2012
    Purchased online on 1/4. paperwork filled out at local FFL on 1/10 but not submitted until 1/18 for reasons unknown and picked up 2/21. Longest "7" day wait of my life. My next purchase will be made at a shop with an on site range if this keeps up. Even with the extended wait I'm happy happy happy!

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    21 days = 3 weeks, with anadditonal 6 weekend days, and seven if you include presidents day. that would only be 27-28 days, so yea its closer but honestly its more like four to five weeks, on this thread i am seeing an average of 30+ days, 30-35

What calendar are you looking at the Mayan's? 21 business days is 4 weeks (that's 5 days in a business week (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs,Fri)) 4 weeks is approximately 30 days when you start counting weekends, so MSP is accurate by saying 21 day backlog!

ked0607

Aug 25, 2012
    PG CO
    So I called them and the Trooper I spoke with was actually cool as hell. He and I talked for quite a bit. He said hes been looking for a certain .40 cal glock and I recommended he come on here and deal with some of our IP's. He said that he still had the 16th and 17th and he asked for my social and said the only thing in the system under my name was from 2003 which was my last known application. He said that my paperwork may not make it into the system until next week. So heres the thing if they can pull all this up why in the hell does it take them so long if all the information is that availible? I asked about how soon I could purchase another gun since I did the transfer paperwork on the 21st of Jan and I was told that I had to wait 30 days from the day the "not-dissapproved" letter was issued so this will be more than two months wait.

Dec 18, 2011
    What calendar are you looking at the Mayan's? 21 business days is 4 weeks (that's 5 days in a business week (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs,Fri)) 4 weeks is approximately 30 days when you start counting weekends, so MSP is accurate by saying 21 day backlog!

since it takes them 3 days to fax the approval i hope yours gets lost and i get mines before yours HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hit me up about sunday

Ozzy

Jan 20, 2013
    Md
    So I called them and the Trooper I spoke with was actually cool as hell. He and I talked for quite a bit. He said hes been looking for a certain .40 cal glock and I recommended he come on here and deal with some of our IP's. He said that he still had the 16th and 17th and he asked for my social and said the only thing in the system under my name was from 2003 which was my last known application. He said that my paperwork may not make it into the system until next week. So heres the thing if they can pull all this up why in the hell does it take them so long if all the information is that availible? I asked about how soon I could purchase another gun since I did the transfer paperwork on the 21st of Jan and I was told that I had to wait 30 days from the day the "not-dissapproved" letter was issued so this will be more than two months wait.
    I hear you they are working hard but there is something wrong with a system that takes this long .At this rate they will hold us to 2 or 3 guns before they get there laws passed in oct.I pray not i have called emailed and sent letters to all of our represenatives to vote no.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    My buddy had to call the for an issue with his wifes lower paperwork a while back. Well he had to call because they basically missed her. Well he called and got a lady on the phone who couldnt find his wifes info anywhere. She said the ffl would have to fax it over and she would have it done within quick and she would pick up that afternoon. I heard this with my own ears, he had the woman from MSP on the phone. It should not and does not take a long time to do check.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    I purchased a AR lower out of state and the seller shipped to a MD Dealer. Paperwork submitted 01/16/2013, return on 02 21/13. When you consider holidays and week-ends we are talking 24 "working" days.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    I purchased a AR lower out of state and the seller shipped to a MD Dealer. Paperwork submitted 01/16/2013, return on 02 21/13. When you consider holidays and week-ends we are talking 24 "working" days.

the thing is that they don't count in "business days" when they say 7-10 days, that is supposed to include overlap of holidays

Frankly if they haven't been working weekends and holidays at this point its no wonder they haven't gotten caught up on the paperwork

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    the thing is that they don't count in "business days" when they say 7-10 days, that is supposed to include overlap of holidays

Frankly if they haven't been working weekends and holidays at this point its no wonder they haven't gotten caught up on the paperwork

They are catching up ...

The previous 90 days have been the largest sales of guns ever ... anywhere anytime

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    They are catching up ...

The previous 90 days have been the largest sales of guns ever ... anywhere anytime

I understand that, really I do, but I don't see how we keep getting longer and longer wait times reported can be viewed as catching up.

This week it's 35 days, a little over a week ago it was 30 days. These are actual days being reported by actual people. They include weekend days and holidays. If I call and they quote me a business day number that doesn't matter. When people here reported 21 days wait, they meant 21 ACTUAL days, when they reported 30 days the same, and now they are reporting 35 days (5 weeks). These numbers are right here in this very thread.

They may be processing more applications in a day today than they were this time last week but if the wait time is getting longer then they are not catching up. I am tired of people denying the truth on this in an effort to make this not seem as bad as it is. :sad20:

I admit that I sounded a little harsh there and that was not my intention. I do believe that they are working hard and besieged with massive amounts of applications, but I see evidence that, through no fault of their own, these guys cannot seem to catch up. Personally I blame those in Washington and Annapolis for this, for without their gun-grabbing ways there wouldn't be the panic buying that there is right now.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    They may be processing more applications in a day today than they were this time last week but if the wait time is getting longer then they are not catching up. I am tired of people denying the truth on this in an effort to make this not seem as bad as it is. :sad20:

Capt. McCauley said in a recent letter that they were receiving more applications per day than they are sending dispositions out per day. That means wait times will get longer each day until they catch up.

From Capt. McCauley's 2/13/13 letter:
    I do expect this backlog to continue to grow for a period of time. We are averaging 350 applications a day (down from the previous two month average of 490 a day) Our production of outgoing applications is slowly improving. I am hopeful within the next 30 days we will be sending out more than is coming in. The wait time is not acceptable to the Licensing Division and I will continue to look for solutions to catch up.

Last edited:

40watt

Free Thinking American
    Jan 12, 2013
    Halethorpe Area
    Me and another member here did a gun for gun swap. Of course we had to fill out 2 secondary sales sets of paperwork on 1-18 and I haven't heard back yet. I was told that they would mail me the paperwork to complete the transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom