• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    My experience at MSAR tonight wasn't that great and I would encourage some input. I drive 1 hour to get there, and it seems the only time I'll ever shoot is if I go during the day and take the day off.

I went there tonight at about 6:00. There were approximately 50 people in the store, with no where to sit. I was holding two rather heavy bags, that I didn't really want to get out of my hands.

Understanding it was Saturday, I fully intended to wait since Saturday is, of course, the weekend. I got number 00 (100) and the counter was servicing number 79. After 45 minutes, they were on 84, and two had been skipped as "no shows." That works out to 1 person every 15 minutes. I saw that this was mostly due to individuals renting guns and getting some training on them. What was really annoying, wasn't so much that it was packed, it was the fact that 2/3rds of the available lanes were not occupied. So, more help, would have had more people placed.

This is the first time for the new location, and two times for the old location, that I had to turn around and drive home. It's interesting the MOM wants us to be trained of firearms, but there are few places to go!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    My experience at MSAR tonight wasn't that great and I would encourage some input. I drive 1 hour to get there, and it seems the only time I'll ever shoot is if I go during the day and take the day off.

I went there tonight at about 6:00. There were approximately 50 people in the store, with no where to sit. I was holding two rather heavy bags, that I didn't really want to get out of my hands.

Understanding it was Saturday, I fully intended to wait since Saturday is, of course, the weekend. I got number 00 (100) and the counter was servicing number 79. After 45 minutes, they were on 84, and two had been skipped as "no shows." That works out to 1 person every 15 minutes. I saw that this was mostly due to individuals renting guns and getting some training on them. What was really annoying, wasn't so much that it was packed, it was the fact that 2/3rds of the available lanes were not occupied. So, more help, would have had more people placed.

This is the first time for the new location, and two times for the old location, that I had to turn around and drive home. It's interesting the MOM wants us to be trained of firearms, but there are few places to go!

Psst.. It's Sunday... Unless you went there yesterday. Was actually there.. I was no. 85. Lol

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I dropped in there for the first time over a week ago. Middle of the day so there wasn't a wait for a lane.

Seems like it has a lot of potential but that they're still getting up and running. They were doing some minor construction on the first pistol range I walked through to get to my lane on the second range next door. The staff was polite, just seemed to need more bodies.

Does anyone know if they're going to have a dedicated RSO on each range? I didn't actually see one while I was in there. I didn't look too hard though, just glanced around for one occasionally...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom