• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Fred's is not too bad. Ammo so hard to find I don't mind buying some from them and saving mine. If I go to Fred's I am only there for an hour anyway ($15 an hour vs unlimited at MSAR). I wonder what Fred's is going to do when they are out of ammo and can't get anymore. I was there last week and they had 1 box of 22 left on the shelf.

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    Wow, I hope the price stays the same. How is the ventilation. I always wore makes at the old range. I assume .223 it good at the new range?

Ventilation is excellent, did not smell any gun powder when I walked in. Thermostat was set very warm also. I shot .308 Rifle. I believe they go up to .50 cal, but don't quote me.

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    The staff at MSAR has always been good but they need to have a range officer in there at all times. This is one thing I like about Fred's they have someone on the range or behind the glass at all times. Shooting at the floor to see sparks to impress your date is not cool when I have my kids there with me.

pasayan73

May 31, 2009
    laurel, md
    Shot at MSAR today. No range officer in the rifle range. I have to bag my rifles and brought it with me to buy more Ammos and target because iam not comfortable leaving my rifles in there with some wanna be gangsters shooting shotgun in the other booth. I heard them commenting how nice my rifle is and never tried shooting one.Next time, bring or buy enough Ammos and target before going in there.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I stopped in today. They are waiting on some paperwork but will have full auto for rent under supervision. To keep the gangsta's from killing themselves or some one else.

DieHard4192

Jan 16, 2013
    Charles County
    Fred's is not too bad. Ammo so hard to find I don't mind buying some from them and saving mine. If I go to Fred's I am only there for an hour anyway ($15 an hour vs unlimited at MSAR). I wonder what Fred's is going to do when they are out of ammo and can't get anymore. I was there last week and they had 1 box of 22 left on the shelf.

Fred's website (PDF warning):

"11. Participants must use Fred’s ammo and must be purchased the day activity takes place. Fred’s is well stocked in ammo, however there may be an occasion when stock is not available (i.e., old wildcat, or odd ball caliber). An exception is possible in these cases and will be made at the discretion of management."

Not sure how lenient they are when their ammo supply runs out but at least there is a chance.

Last edited:

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    Shot at MSAR today. No range officer in the rifle range. I have to bag my rifles and brought it with me to buy more Ammos and target because iam not comfortable leaving my rifles in there with some wanna be gangsters shooting shotgun in the other booth. I heard them commenting how nice my rifle is and never tried shooting one.Next time, bring or buy enough Ammos and target before going in there.

I would never leave my rifles at any range, no matter if "gangsters" are shooting or Hillbilly Pete

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Here some photo's of the new MSAR range and sales area their not great used my Phone, sorry I did not have time run around and get shots of everything l missed the 50 yard Rife range and only some of the Consignment and AR’s they had up on the walls. Example of the ammo prices, 50 rounds of Federal 45ACP around $30. They did have a few AR and a couple M & P 15-22 the 22 were $500.

Attachments

• MSAR 9801 Falland Rd.jpg
      MSAR 9801 Falland Rd.jpg
      65.5 KB · Views: 202
    Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Looks great! I'm going as soon as I can. Just finished an AR build I'm itching to test out.

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    Here some photo's of the new MSAR range and sales area their not great used my Phone, sorry I did not have time run around and get shots of everything l missed the 50 yard Rife range and only some of the Consignment and AR’s they had up on the walls. Example of the ammo prices, 50 rounds of Federal 45ACP around $30. They did have a few AR and a couple M & P 15-22 the 22 were $500.

Range looks great man. Do you work there?

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Range looks great man. Do you work there?

No but I know a few people who work there, it's the only indoor range "where I would speed my money" and is close to where I live "Charles County", so I'm a fan of the new place and want to see there business thrive.

I like to Shoot at my Big toys at MG but think it in MDS members best interest to support a range like this. Ranges prices are still low, service it great and they didn't raise their prices when the madness stated.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    From some of the pictures it looks like they got an Action Target automated range. If thats the case they went full out and got one of the best companies in the business to design and install their new range. This range had to costs BIG bucks, good on them if they are keeping the price low, which it sounds like they are. I am going to have to drive up and take a look around. Now if they would only honor my GSSF coupon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom