• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    It's about 35 miles away but will be worth the drive to have some place warm to shoot my SKSs and Mosin Nagants. The place looks great in the pictures and the price to shoot is very good. Thanks for the tip

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    back when i got my first pistol i made the 45 minute drive atleast once a month to the old range. this one looks 100X better

it is.. as soon i walked it... my jaw dropped.

i didnt have time to visit the upstairs yet.. i could imagine its a spacious space also just clothing (at least from what i hear).

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    When do you plan to test out your AR? :bannana:

I was actually at MSAR today. The range is awesome. So much better than the old range. The ventilation, lighting, lanes, target system, are all fantastic. And the place is HUGE! Id have to say its the best indoor range in the area without question.

Oh, and I shot my 5.5" suppressed 9mm upper and it ran perfect. I also put together a 10.5" 5.56 upper last night. It ran 100% also.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    anyone know if they still allow you to draw from an OWB holster and fire at the targets? old range did. i'm planning on going in a week.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    anyone know if they still allow you to draw from an OWB holster and fire at the targets? old range did. i'm planning on going in a week.

I am sure they do, since a high percentage of the visitors are armed SPOs and GSA guards who are practicing for re-qualifications.

shekshishekki

Mar 5, 2012
    Drove an hour out to go check out their new facilities and I'm in LOVE!!! It's better than Gilberts in rockville now. You can't beat $15/lane all day for two ppl, bring your own ammo, targets from $0.30 - $1...Brought my sig 522 and rem 870 out to their rifle range and had a blast!!! Best part is that they allow bird shot, buck shot, and slugs INDOORS. I've never found any indoor range that allows anything other than slugs.

MSAR is now my go to range whenever I want to shoot. It's definitely worth the drive.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Drove an hour out to go check out their new facilities and I'm in LOVE!!! It's better than Gilberts in rockville now. You can't beat $15/lane all day for two ppl, bring your own ammo, targets from $0.30 - $1...Brought my sig 522 and rem 870 out to their rifle range and had a blast!!! Best part is that they allow bird shot, buck shot, and slugs INDOORS. I've never found any indoor range that allows anything other than slugs.

MSAR is now my go to range whenever I want to shoot. It's definitely worth the drive.

I live 5 minutes from Gilberts and will never spend my money there. I'd rather drive the 35 minutes to MSAR, and have been doing so for years. The new range just makes it an even easier decision.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Weekday evenings shouldn't be too bad. It's the wait on weekends that sucks.

MSAR is a nice range for the price...at least for now...from what i was told, plans are to change the pricing in the future...it is the best indoor range i've been to compared to OnTarget & Fred's...

and i think someone mentioned it already but, yes, i was also told that their backstop can handle a .50cal...

shekshishekki

Mar 5, 2012
    I live 5 minutes from Gilberts and will never spend my money there. I'd rather drive the 35 minutes to MSAR, and have been doing so for years. The new range just makes it an even easier decision.

same thing man...I used to live right around the corner from Gilberts...its too bad they force you to buy their ammo (moco rule)...other wise the monthly or weekly membership fees aren't bad at all. I used to drive up to frederick for cresap...but its much more fun to shoot at MSAR when you can mag dump :party29: I like the target rails too...not seeing your target for an hour kinda sux at cresap...I sighted my gun in a couple shots at a time using their target rail bringing the target in each time.

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    Went and took my parents for their first time shooting. They had a BLAST. Staff was friendly and efficient, range was wide open, the facilities are great.

The only thing I'd ask is for more lighting in the rifle range and for tables. Makes reloading mags a lot easier

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom