• EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Dan Bongino chimes in

ConservativeReview.com -
    The Renegade Republican Episode 97

Audio
    In this episode I discuss the Virginia Attorney General's planned attack on your Second Amendment rights and the reasons that he is doing it.

“Reciprocity has always been a target of the left because they feel it’s a way to nationalize gun policy.”

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    States that I think are at possible risk of losing recognition of the VA CHP are: Florida, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wyoming (who is constitutional but only for residents)

Pennsylvania is definitely gone, eff. 2/1/16.

"Virginia - Virginia has terminated its written reciprocity agreement effective February 1, 2016"

From the PA AG website

I agree that FL and NM at a minimum will be gone.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Pennsylvania is definitely gone, eff. 2/1/16.

"Virginia - Virginia has terminated its written reciprocity agreement effective February 1, 2016"

From the PA AG website

I agree that FL and NM at a minimum will be gone.

FL recognition by is dependent upon the other state reciprocating, and that is by statute. On the VA AG letter, it lists which states have such requirements.

BMW

Feb 28, 2013
    SoMD
    Just passing the word for a VA resident friend...please forward to all Virginians who want to get involved with getting rid of (legally, democratically, and politically, that is) AG Mark Herring. Only resident Virginians that are registered to vote can make the difference if this petition can really necessitate a recall. The recall section of Virginia Code (section 24.2-233) calls for signatures equal to 10% of the total votes casted of the last AG election, which was close to 2,212,300, so 221,230 votes or more are required!

Links for the FB page of where he learned of the petition, the petition itself, and other related info:
    https://www.facebook.com/recallmarkherring/posts/417125998476962?fref=nf&pnref=story
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T1aYvJ6niqTatr3D_DsVruR3L_-rAaSE5BlkBMHEWEY/viewform

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    So as a Non-Res VA permit holder I will most likely enjoy reciprocity in about 6 states instead of 30 once the dust settles. Got FL and will probably pickup UT.

No permit required for open carry in Virginia. So all visitors, please open carry proudly, since you will not be permitted to carry concealed. That must be what Herring and McAuliffe want!

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    This is just the beginning for Virginia...soon they will be like us.

I don't think so. Virginia has been teetering on the edge of going permitless carry for a few years now and Herring's actions could be that wake up call that gets it over.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    That section about Maryland branch pilots is already in existence. They are re-enacting the existing law minus the background and instant verification provisions.

I should say the are "attempting" to do that with this bill.

Yes, sorry, the MD piece is existing law. And yes, the background and verification provisions are what Herring relied on.

There are at least 10 pro-gun bills that have been introduced. I only noticed one anti-gun bill.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Update from VCDL...

"VA-ALERT: Update on Herring and McAuliffe's attacks

1) THOUGHTS FOR OUR FELLOW OUT-OF-STATE CHP HOLDERS

First, I’d like to offer an apology to our fellow CHP holders from the 25 states that are about to lose recognition on February 1st.

All of you who have visited Virginia over the years have been exemplary and have not caused any problems within the Commonwealth.

This is NOT about you or anything you have done that was wrong.

It’s about our Governor, Terry McAuliffe, and our Attorney General, Mark Herring, who were both elected by a very small margin, and are a great embarrassment to Virginians. Neither of these individuals are reflective of the attitudes toward liberty and freedom and the values that we cherish here in Virginia. In fact, both have been referred to as “lawless” by some of our own General Assembly members, many of who are going to work to fix the situation we find ourselves in.

Here in the Old Dominion, the anger of gun owners at what our Attorney General has done is palpable, and I cannot remember anything to match it. Herring and McAuliffe have endangered your lives when you travel here and our lives when we travel outside of Virginia. SIX MILLION CHP holders in half the country are affected!

And all this treachery was done as political payback to Michael Bloomberg for campaign contributions.

VCDL will be working to fix this problem from various angles and we will be trying to do so as expeditiously as possible. We want Virginia to be a welcoming state again for our fellow gun owners. We ultimately want to recognize ALL out-of-state permits.

Sadly, we understand if you decide you can’t visit us until we can honor your permits. I’d be a hypocrite if I said I would do so if the tables were turned.

HOWEVER, you do have a few options if you still want to come visit us:

1. Open carry is legal in Virginia - no permit required and you can open carry in most places in Virginia. Our police don’t bat an eye. VCDL's website has a list of the places that you cannot carry. And, here’s another good reason to open carry: McAuliffe and Herring HATE open carry. But, hey, it was THEIR brilliant idea to prohibit concealed carry, so they will have no choice but to get used to a whole lot more people open carrying in Virginia! ;-)

2. You can have a LOADED handgun in a CLOSED, but not necessarily locked, compartment or container in a vehicle. That includes a glovebox, console, and trunk as long as the compartment or container has some kind of latch. Optionally the loaded handgun can be in plain sight, on the seat or on the dashboard. Again, if concealed it MUST be in a compartment or container and nowhere else. Upon exiting the vehicle, the loaded handgun can be holstered and carried in plain view or you can unload the gun and put it in a carrying case.

3. You can get a Utah non-resident concealed handgun permit or you can get a Virginia non-resident concealed handgun permit. For the money and the fact that Virginia’s permit has now been degraded by the Attorney General, I’d go for the Utah permit.

Whatever you do, please don’t judge our great Commonwealth based on our current Governor and Attorney General.

2) WHAT CAN BE DONE?

VCDL is working to fix "Herring’s Folly" from several angles.

a) A bill on VCDL’s behalf has been introduced by Delegate Lee Ware and will be considered by the General Assembly, which convenes on January 14th (Lobby Day is on the 18th, BTW). This bill will change Virginia law to honor the CHPs from ALL states! Expect a matching bill to come from the Senate.

Yes, McAuliffe will probably veto it, but with your help, we will work to get as large a majority as possible to pass it. More on this in future legislative updates in January.

In the meantime, here is a link to the bill:

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?161+ful+HB12

b) The General Assembly’s “Power of the Purse” can be used in different ways to help with this battle

c) We can possibly use the courts to override Herring and McAuliffe’s actions

d) There is a petition you can sign. Yes, Herring will ignore it, but it will make a great PR item, when I say something like, “X thousand of people signed a petition against Herring’s actions.” 7,283 have signed it so far and you guys are just learning about it! Here is the link:

http://tinyurl.com/pajlh9x

d) Since Herring is making our lives miserable, we can return the favor. More on this next week. Oh, and Herring is going to run for Attorney General again in 2017. I’ll bet he’ll be surprised at just how good our memories can be!

3) DON’T FORGET TO KEEP PUSHING PEOPLE YOU KNOW TO COMMENT ON MCAULIFFE’S STATE-AGENCY BAN

As of 8 PM on December 23rd, 2,818 comments have been posted. All but a handful, if that many, are against McAuliffe’s gun ban!

That's nice, but we can do better. Get this link into the hands of others you know and get them to leave a comments opposing the ban. If you haven’t commented yet, now is a great time to do so. Click on the link and then click on “Enter a comment” to get started:

http://www.townhall.virginia.gov/L/Comments.cfm?StageID=7379

Here’s an article on McAuliffe’s state-agency gun ban and VCDL:

http://bearingdrift.com/2015/12/23/...ays-privatization-resurrected-as-vcdl-fights/

or

http://tinyurl.com/gpmf2nu

4) DETAILS ON THE BUSES COMING TO LOBBY DAY WILL BE READY VERY SOON

The buses are now confirmed and I will let you know where the pickup points will be, the times, and how to make a reservation. Please make this the biggest Lobby Day VCDL has ever had!

5) MARK YOUR CALENDARS: VCDL MEETING IN RICHMOND AREA ON DECEMBER 29!

VCDL will be holding a long awaited membership meeting in the Richmond area. We will meet at the Glen Allen Library on Tuesday, December 29th at 7:00 p.m. The meeting room will be open to us at 6:30 p.m. for fellowship and the meeting will begin around 7:00.

We will be discussing strategy for Lobby Day and the implications of the recent "audit" by AG Mark Herring and the Executive Order #50 issued by Gov. McAuliffe.

We will adjourn at 8:30 and those who care to will go to the Nuevo Mexico restaurant for continued fellowship.

The meeting is open to all, regardless of your membership status. In fact, we encourage you to bring people who have never been to a VCDL meeting before.

Glen Allen Library
    10501 Staples Mill Road
    Glen Allen, VA 23060

Time:

7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Continued Fellowship:

Nuevo Mexico Restaurante
    10282 Staples Mill Road
    Glen Allen, VA 23060
    www.nuevomexicorestaurante.com

FINALLY - MERRY CHRISTMAS AND MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!"

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    VA will still take nonres UT permits, so Marylanders can avoid paying VA money.

What will be annoying is not being able to carry in PA or SC if they cut off VA in response, since that's what a VA resident permit allows me to do.

Do we know for sure that they will still honor Utah non-resident? I have not read that in ANY of the articles yet. It only stated that Utah was allowed to keep reciprocity, nothing was written/stated about non-resident.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Do we know for sure that they will still honor Utah non-resident? I have not read that in ANY of the articles yet. It only stated that Utah was allowed to keep reciprocity, nothing was written/stated about non-resident.

They didn't say that they would drop UT nonres permits., while outlining everything else that they were going to do. UT nonres permitting is held to the same standard as resident permits. so they wouldn't be able to drop them under the same line of reasoning.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    like most laws, if it's not prohibited, it's allowed. if they didn't specify what kind of UT permit, it would seem that any UT permit is still recognized.

just my opinion though.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    like most laws, if it's not prohibited, it's allowed. if they didn't specify what kind of UT permit, it would seem that any UT permit is still recognized.

just my opinion though.

I'll wait until the paranoid start bombbarding the AG with Emails asking for further clarification........I.E. Sig Brace clusterf*ck

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Lie much?

I know for a fact that NC resident CCW permit requires MUCH MORE EXTENSIVE TRAINING AND BACKGROUND CHECKS than VA resident CCW permit does.

So, that's BS.

Same with Delaware they would even reject an application for a bad driving record.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    They didn't say that they would drop UT nonres permits., while outlining everything else that they were going to do. UT nonres permitting is held to the same standard as resident permits. so they wouldn't be able to drop them under the same line of reasoning.
    For now it's ok but I wouldn't be shocked if he changes the agreement just like Kane in PA to be just UT residents. In fact I'm suprised he didn't do it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom