• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It seems that the conditions that got states booted was requirements that VA requires that other states did not. So if UT requires all applicants to adhere to standards that meet the VA requirements, perhaps that satisfies VA.

but that's just a logical guess.

but we know how logic works with firearms laws.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The GFSZA states to carry within 1000 feet of a school, you must have a permit issued by the state the school is in.

DOJ has said reciprocal permits aren't sufficient

Attachments

• GFSA ATF letter.pdf
      843.7 KB · Views: 122
    • GFSZA.pdf
      933.2 KB · Views: 103

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    The GFSZA states to carry within 1000 feet of a school, you must have a permit issued by the state the school is in.

DOJ has said reciprocal permits aren't sufficient
    I read the letters, but no sure if driving by was fully answered

You would always be within 1000' of the property driving past a school
    If true that is a whole new magnitude of stupid. Are you supposed to program GPS to avoid schools

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the law says "knowingly" if you drive by a school, perhaps you didn't "know" it was there. don't think you'll be prosecuted. it's usually an add on charge to more serious offenses.

IANAL.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I don't see it that way, this is the only way that these two bozos can hurt gun rights here, anything else needs to go through the state houses

I agree with snavematt. These two carpetbaggers have failed at every other attempt.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I don't see it that way, this is the only way that these two bozos can hurt gun rights here, anything else needs to go through the state houses

I agree with snavematt. These two carpetbaggers have failed at every other attempt.

I'm also in agreement, but it doesn't change the fact that we must remain vigilant, defending every foxhole like it's the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Va AG to Follow PA AG

I'm also in agreement, but it doesn't change the fact that we must remain vigilant, defending every foxhole like it's the last.

I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm a big supporter of VCDL. They do the dirty work on our behalf.

Feb 28, 2013
    It seems that the conditions that got states booted was requirements that VA requires that other states did not. So if UT requires all applicants to adhere to standards that meet the VA requirements, perhaps that satisfies VA.

but that's just a logical guess.

but we know how logic works with firearms laws.

Well, according to Moe at my Utah trainin' class, Utah requires a permit from your home state before issuin' a NR permit, unless your home state don't issue permits. However, the Utah BCI is quite aware of Maryland's chicanery in this regard, so as far as they're concerned MD is one of those that don't issue permits. I believe it is that requirement that prevented VA from droppin' UT.

This ain't no different than what happened in PA in what was obviously a targetting of those who live in the ban states surrounding it.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There are two parts to the UT law. You need a home state permit and your state has to recognize the UT permit. That's why MD residents can get a UT non resident CCW without a MD permit

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The VA General assembly is in Republican hands (The Senate just barely) No anti gun legislation will come out of Richmond besides the end run being made by the Bloomturd acolytes.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Well, according to Moe at my Utah trainin' class, Utah requires a permit from your home state before issuin' a NR permit, unless your home state don't issue permits. However, the Utah BCI is quite aware of Maryland's chicanery in this regard, so as far as they're concerned MD is one of those that don't issue permits. I believe it is that requirement that prevented VA from droppin' UT.

This ain't no different than what happened in PA in what was obviously a targetting of those who live in the ban states surrounding it.

Probably so. DC-W also noted that Utah scans permit holders every 24 hours to make sure they have not become prohibited that may have played a role as well.

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    The way I see this is that "open carry" is going to go through the roof since anyone "as long as you can legally own a gun, including non-residents" can open carry in VA without a permit of any kind.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep-i don't think these idiots thought this thing through. wait until the libs in NOVA start screaming about armed citizens walking around Old Town Adding to the panic will be VA allows 18 year olds to possess. Let's see how they like that.

the law of unintended consequences and all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom