• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I read an article that said there were four children in the car with him. I feel terrible for those kids having to witness that (if it's true). I love pocket carry and it's become my preferred method of carrying my SR9c (without holster) but I have the luxury of an external safety.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Carrying a firearm without an external safety is never dangerous if in a proper holster. I'm old enough to have carried a revolver as my main CCW. There was no provision for an external safety except to keep your finger off the trigger. Back then it was common to just put a revolver in your pocket or waist band. Although I consider this dangerous as anything, either ND did not occur frequently or just was not reported as widely. Modern day pistols with no external safeties (although internally are different) are basically the same as carrying a revolver. Always cover the trigger with a good holster.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I carry a Glock daily in the cooler months (LCP when it's warm). I have a good holster. It won't go off. I have one in the pipe. Defensive shootings often do not afford you the time to rack the slide. If you feel the need to carry a Glock WITHOUT a round in the chamber, get a gun with an external safety you ARE comfortable with. Negligent discharges are just that.....negligent. If you do what you are supposed to, the gun will do what it is supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom