• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The disconnector is not a drop safety. it prevents firing with the slide out of battery. The original 1911 design didn't have a firing pin block or a Schwarz safety like Kimbers. Not needed.

A solution in search of a problem.

Like the 1911 grip safety. Only there due to cavalry officers on the board who felt it was needed for use on a horse.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    That thing will make all of your original Colt 1911s feel like junk, but then again my $1300 Dan Wesson does that. The one thing the 1911 did was create an entire industry of gunsmiths and parts makers to improve its function.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    BCM has been less than helpful to Marylanders trying to navigate our assinine laws. I asked them if they could remove the "mid weight" nomenclature from their 18 and 20" SS410 barrels and they politely declined even though the barrels have zero taper.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    BCM has been less than helpful to Marylanders trying to navigate our assinine laws. I asked them if they could remove the "mid weight" nomenclature from their 18 and 20" SS410 barrels and they politely declined even though the barrels have zero taper.

Ehh, I wouldn't fault them for that. It's not like they are doing what other companies have done, like refusing to sell legal rifled to MD residents based on their lack of effort to understand the laws.

Besides if you want to play that game, it would help if people in this state stopped frequenting a certain retailer who is no friend to those who value their 2A rights. Alas, people seem to shop anywhere for cheap/readily available .22lr (no matter the quality).

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Ehh, I wouldn't fault them for that. It's not like they are doing what other companies have done, like refusing to sell legal rifled to MD residents based on their lack of effort to understand the laws.

Besides if you want to play that game, it would help if people in this state stopped frequenting a certain retailer who is no friend to those who value their 2A rights. Alas, people seem to shop anywhere for cheap/readily available .22lr (no matter the quality).

They refused to sell rifles or lowers to Maryland for years.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    They refused to sell rifles or lowers to Maryland for years.

How does that make sense before FSA 2013 was signed into law/went into effect?

There was no restriction on AR15's/lowers other than the 20rd mag cap.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    How does that make sense before FSA 2013 was signed into law/went into effect?

There was no restriction on AR15's/lowers other than the 20rd mag cap.

My guess is they were busy enough that it wasn't worth looking into MD laws. They changed their mind about 3 or 4 years ago and started shipping them here but for years before that the ***we do not ship*** included Md.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom