• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Tell me about it! 4 years military, 20 years police. I still have to get one. This law is absurd

And to think our local, deadbeat politicians get issued CCWs like candy. It's okay, though. They're working soooo hard to keep you and me safe. Just the thought of it should send tingles down a person's leg. ;)

Feb 28, 2013
    And to think our local, deadbeat politicians get issued CCWs like candy. It's okay, though. They're working soooo hard to keep you and me safe. Just the thought of it should send tingles down a person's leg. ;)

You mean like Screwball on Screwball, also known as Chris Matthews on Hardball? Or whatever the hell dumbass waste of airtime he's annoying people with now?:rolleyes:

Gee, maybe the rest of us should become bottle blond blowhards like him and Joy Blowjob and stick our faces in front of cameras prattling on about how "passé" the 2a and the Constitution are while hundreds of millions of gullible morons who likely couldn't identify the Vice-President while still being able to rattle off scores for every football game for the last 50 years hang on our every words as if we're delivering the 10 Commandments. Then maybe WE can be considered part of the "ruling elite" that gets to be granted the privilege of self-defense by the gooberment.:mad54::rant2:

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    I took the plunge yesterday. Was getting jealous that my wife has a pistol she's having fun with, but I don't. :lol2:

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Well I've decided I want a .45 ACP pistol... probably an FNX. So I guess I need my HQL now.

And son of a BITCH this application is annoying.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Out of principle, I hold off HQL as long as I could, but finally gave in after seeing so many good deals over Christmas.....................................................

That's why I bought my fairly soon after the new law. First, it's been my hobby/interest for 35+ years and I'll be damned if I want to give it up. My thought was I'd just wait until I wanted something. Them I saw a used S&W 629 for a really good price and about mint condition. I was exempt from training as a previous owner, and I saved more than the 104.50 I spent for live-scan + application fee. Since then, I've bought 4 more modern guns plus 6 C&R handguns from in state. All for very fair to excellent prices. The modern guns were priced well below the 'before the SHTF' prices. I presume priced aggressively to move 'em. I think the same is true of the 2 C&Rs I bought from an LGS (also priced very well) even though the law exempts C&R handguns from needing HQL to transfer. I think pretty often there is confusion regarding this plus those who just refuse to get an HQL. Furthermore, many people tapped themselves out last year, everything leading leading to a very soft Maryland Market that has used handguns sometimes priced well below book values.

It does somewhat irk me, that although I spent all that money for an HQL, Maryland still dings me for 10 bucks for every transfer (well, in a couple cases I did transfer 2 at a time)

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    nope, I'm hoping that HQL will get kicked out in court. I have several hand guns that I'd love to buy, like a Ruger Mark III for instance but I'm willing to wait.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My armor is starting to crack. Please someone tell me that I should wait. Someone tell me they have it on good authority that the HQL law will be overturned in court. PLEASE...please...somebody help me....................

Jim Smith

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    My armor is starting to crack. Please someone tell me that I should wait. Someone tell me they have it on good authority that the HQL law will be overturned in court. PLEASE...please...somebody help me....................

Jim Smith

The time to wait has passed. Positive change is in the air. Support our local shops before we don't have any.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Still holding out here.

I REALLY want a Ruger 1911, but I'm not going to pay an extra $100 plus for it. Still object to the punishment for 2A "rights" and being fingerprinted like a perp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom