• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    I finally gave in and got my HQL. I'm not too happy about it, but it's nice to be able to consider a good deal rather than be forced to pass it up....

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Thanks for clarifying that for me. I wasn't aware that a vet needed a HQL less training if they didn't retire from armed forces. I misunderstood.

You know i never understood the Vet things to begin with. Ok I'm a vet i have to get the HQL, I'm a retired vet I dont have to. WTF. So you do 19 years and bag it and your unsafe with a firearm and you do 20 and your GTG.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You know i never understood the Vet things to begin with. Ok I'm a vet i have to get the HQL, I'm a retired vet I dont have to. WTF. So you do 19 years and bag it and your unsafe with a firearm and you do 20 and your GTG.

Yeah, I agree. That is one of the stupidest things I ever heard of!!!!:mad54:

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland

Well everyone knows being a vet is only just honorable. Being a retired vet is super duper honorable. And I'm surprised they didn't do anything for disabled retired vets. I think those guys and gals fart rainbows.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Question - does being in the Army Reserve or National Guard exempt you from the HQL, or is it only if you are retired from it?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I originally planned to get a HQL as soon as they were available but after reading many posts/opinions here, I decided against one.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Answer for NG is at the link. Call MSP regarding Army Reserve. It's a MD COMAR issue since MD law doesn't clearly address it. You might be SOL.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Answer for NG is at the link. Call MSP regarding Army Reserve. It's a MD COMAR issue since MD law doesn't clearly address it. You might be SOL.
    Interesting - after a fairly solid hiatus, I'm looking to get back into the ARNG this month. I would have been exempted from having to get the HQL that I got a month or so ago and have yet to use. :mad54: (of course I didn't know I was going to do that at the time I got the HQL.)

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Interesting - after a fairly solid hiatus, I'm looking to get back into the ARNG this month. I would have been exempted from having to get the HQL that I got a month or so ago and have yet to use. :mad54: (of course I didn't know I was going to do that at the time I got the HQL.)

Hmmmm.... how old can you be for a short stint in the MD NG? :innocent0

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Hmmmm.... how old can you be for a short stint in the MD NG? :innocent0
    Well, in my case I'm 44, but I already have a good bit of time in. This is just to finally finish what I started and earn my CAM - check a month. I guess I'll just be double covered because I'll be eligible to retire from the ARNG before my HQL expires.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I wouldn't get one if I had to have one to buy a regulated firearm. Since I have a carry permit, I don't need one.

You still need an HQL, the difference is they will just send you one no charge.

I held out as long as I could , just applied This Tuesday. $54.50 for fingerprints, I feel safer already.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

Yeah, I agree. That is one of the stupidest things I ever heard of!!!!:mad54:

Tell me about it! 4 years military, 20 years police. I still have to get one. This law is absurd

You still need an HQL, the difference is they will just send you one no charge.

I held out as long as I could , just applied This Tuesday. $54.50 for fingerprints, I feel safer already.

Still waiting on mine. I submitted mine on 12/24 and still haven't recieved it.:tdown:

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    tvblogblush2.jpg

I will need one when I add a couplo' full frame autos. Before that I need to fully kit 4 long arms and have placed a priority on body armour. I really should hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom