• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EWO

AGC / Monumental Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Ellicott City MD
    I picked up a brand new ACS today in foliage green for $83. Hoping I like it when it gets here. Just couldn't turn the deal down.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton

You Plick!

When I get back you can try, a battle axe, sopmod, vltor, ctr, acs, or ubr in the magic workshop. I'm kinda liking the battleaxe these days. Ask Chad - i put one on my DRACO and it rocks now that its 11".

Palm trees and mojitos here....

Bueno senor.....

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    I have a CTR, but to be honest I don't think it is worth the extra $ over the MOE. I also really like the ACS.

cobracutter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 6, 2009
    ACS is nice, the one thing that disappointed me was the sling QD sockets are sold seperately and they are a bolt on item.

I stuck with the LMT SOPMOD's and CTR's that has the QD studs molded into it.

ACS is a rip off of the LMT, which in IMO is the best stock out there.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm back on Monday. If you want to stop by and grab a couple of stocks to try over the weekend I would not object.

I'll let you know. My gun fun budget may be effed big time for the near future. :sad20:

sean05

May 20, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Not sure if you decided yet but I really like my Magpul MOE. Like others have said the CTR and MOE are almost exactly the same. Just not worth the extra price IMO.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Have you checked out the Troy Battle Ax? That is my next stock. They designed it by beating down doors and fixing what broke. It's a weapon in it's own right.
    M7A1.jpg

The more I look at this rifle the more I think I'm gonna build it's twin.

Last edited:

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Not sure if you decided yet but I really like my Magpul MOE. Like others have said the CTR and MOE are almost exactly the same. Just not worth the extra price IMO.

Yes, almost. CTR is still better. Remember opinions are like A*******s everyone has one.:rolleyes:

## edit - Sean, I just re-read this and did not intend to focus this at you.

Cerebus

Tool
    Feb 13, 2008
    Hampstead, MD
    I had a PRS on my AR-10 and really like it. My M4 has a M93b and it's beef. I'm torn between getting an UBR or my next build, or finding another M93b.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    decided to try out the CTR.

Installation couldn't be any simpler.....seriously. No tools involved.

I like that it's a little longer than the standard carbine stock, for obvious reasons.

Can't wait to check it out on the range.

matt_b89

Apr 5, 2011
    Allegany County/Frostburg
    i love my ctr because of the built in qd and i've found that i can get a great cheek weld on it. It's definately worth the extra over the MOE because of the lockdown feature. You can get that thing wicked locked in with a little mod on youtube if it's still a little loose which it shouldn't be but i did it anyway

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    i love my ctr because of the built in qd

I ended up not needing to worry about the attachment points on the stock because I went with the Tango Down mount that goes right on the buffer tube.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yes, almost. CTR is still better. Remember opinions are like A*******s everyone has one.:rolleyes:

## edit - Sean, I just re-read this and did not intend to focus this at you.

I own both, bought a MOE for my carbine its a good product, but my next project got the CTR and it is a much tighter fitting stock. Probably do CTR's from here on out (though they are a bit of a pain to install).

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Probably do CTR's from here on out (though they are a bit of a pain to install).

I couldn't imagine it being any easier, for my part. No tools required....just hold the pin down and slide it on. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom