• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The MOE and CTR stocks are very similar, I have both and would not pay more for the CTR. The differences are really not noticeable unless you need the sling position.

The UBR weighs a good bit more than an MOE/CTR, so keep that in mind if you are looking to stay light. If an extra pound of weight is not an issue, the UBR is nice.

I would disagree on this one, the CTR is alot firmer and the friction lock a lot tighter. I definately like it better for the $$$ (but I hate slop in a collapsible stock).

I have a PRS on the way for may LR308

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I would disagree on this one, the CTR is alot firmer and the friction lock a lot tighter. I definately like it better for the $$$ (but I hate slop in a collapsible stock).

Some MOE's like the one I have fits just about as snug and secure as a CTS. I've seem some that don't but more than a few have zero wiggle.

bdiddle

Dec 21, 2009

This is a definite difference, but when shooting I don't notice it :)

I suppose if one fondles their weapon more than they shoot it........ ;)

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I'm partial to the Magpul CTR.

web.jpg

web.jpg

SP308

Aug 14, 2009
    Dundalk, MD
    Not sure if you decided yet but I had a CTR and now run the ACS. I like the ACS, great cheek weld, storage space. Mine also locks up tight on a milspec receiver.

As far as the quick release mounts. Do you mount your sling off your stock or do you mount it off a end plate like me. I guess not including them only really matters if you need them.

Just my .02

Shawn

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Since you have a light get a SOPMOD or ACS so you can store spare batteries. Unless you tape the VLTOR, it will rip hair out.

Have you shot yours since I reworked it?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Since you have a light get a SOPMOD or ACS so you can store spare batteries. Unless you tape the VLTOR, it will rip hair out.

Have you shot yours since I reworked it?

Haven't had a chance. I hope to this weekend.

Thanks for the extra touches on the bolt :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    thanks for the paper weights man, they work great at...well...holding paper down. Whats your deal??

I cant always make mags work bro, the $10 for the mag catch milling will be deducted off any more work you need before I leave Scotts.

It appears CProducts have really start4ed pumping out turds lately.

TheRedDragon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 6, 2010
    I cant always make mags work bro, the $10 for the mag catch milling will be deducted off any more work you need before I leave Scotts.

It appears CProducts have really start4ed pumping out turds lately.

hopefully you know im just messing with you, dont get all teary eyed on me like a little girl with a skinned knee

Norton

You Plick!

When I get back you can try, a battle axe, sopmod, vltor, ctr, acs, or ubr in the magic workshop. I'm kinda liking the battleaxe these days. Ask Chad - i put one on my DRACO and it rocks now that its 11".

Palm trees and mojitos here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom