what's the story with these Tavor rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    It was one of those things that the Israelis used for a while but couldn't be imported to the US because it wasn't "sporting" enough to be 922r-compliant. Now that they are being made by a US-based branch, they are suddenly available and everyone is scrambling to add them to their collection. One of the few bullpup rifles that is commonly available that doesn't have a "slidey" trigger and accepts most NATO/STANAG magazines, including later-gen Pmags.

Has an advantage over M4-style rifles in CQC because it retains a full-length barrel (and thus fragmentation velocity for 5.56) without increasing OAL. Also, if you've never shouldered a bullpup, you should go to the gun store and hold one. Because of the barrel, chamber, and other critical metal parts being way back in the rifle, the weight is more on your shoulder than hanging off your arms, allowing you to stay comfortably shouldered for longer lengths of time. (you don't tire out holding it).

Its two main competitors are the AUG (everyone's got one) and the FS2000 (no one wants one). It's smack-dab in between them with a semi-reasonable pricepoint in today's political climate.

I want one. Gotta buy a house first in a free state where I'll still be allowed to buy one, though.

Ragtopman

Feb 22, 2013
    Waldorf MD
    I got mine because I could and won't be able to soon. Haven't fired it yet but it certainly "fondles" nice. Put an EOTech holo sight on it and I think it is pretty close to being the ultimate in home defense. Easy to maneuver in tight quarters and easy to aim. I like it a LOT.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMHO, this picture tells you everything:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The fourth amigo (Israel FN FALO) is being transferred as we speak, too.

Spoiler alert: it's bigger than the Galil... by a lot.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I bought mine from High Rock Outfitters but havent fired it yet. Waiting to get an Aimpoint PRO or some sort of optics for it.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    People were mentioning bullpups, but no one seemed to mention the rfb. Are they crap? Does .308 scare .223 folks?

Since you want to know I had a Kel Tec RFB, and did not think it was worth anything more than range usage and sold it , it is hard to find so alot of people do not have on hand experience with it, but besides that its unproven as a reliable weapon as there are some problems with them, unlike the Tavor which is proven by the Israeli military, and being distributed quite frequently, not as much as everbody would like but quite a few people have them much less on this board and it gets great reviews for a bullpup. As for people being scared of .308 most people on this board loves firearms and have quite a few calibers of all variety's including .308, nobody is scared of any caliber I safely assume.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    it is an UGLY rifle. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

It *IS* ugly. I have two now;) The AUG looks like a melted hunk of plastic and never wowed me. The Tavor looks very purposeful in its funky, chiseled form. Function over form. Sort of like a Dyson vacuum:) I have two of those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom