what's the story with these Tavor rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    These just seemed to explode on the market. Looks like a nice rifle but what's up why so popular all of a sudden? are they not on the dreaded october list?

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    These just seemed to explode on the market. Looks like a nice rifle but what's up why so popular all of a sudden? are they not on the dreaded october list?

A solid bullpup rifle that seems to have ironed out all of the kinks from other designs in the past, like trigger linkage for example. Plus they accept AR mags which is great if you've already got a few.... dozen

watts

Jun 17, 2013
    moco
    Can't get it after 10/1...what's not to like? It's definitely ramped up interest around here because of that. My buddies in other parts of the country think it's pretty cool, but will wait before getting it because they can.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Would you buy one for HD? It's better than a pistol in many ways. Easier to get multiple shots on target for people with less experience, harder to have it taken away from you, and 40 gr. Vmax bullets can be devastating.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not exactly on the dreaded list but the OAL will fall under, expect a longer barreled version but it wont be the same.

Wish I could get two..............solid bullpup that melts into your shoulder.

watts

Jun 17, 2013
    moco
    Uhhhh, sure! If that gives you more justification for buying one, I will recommend it for HD. If you like an AR for HD, this should work just fine.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Hopefully someone will start selling compliant models with flash hiders tacked on to make it at least 29" long, so it will then be available after this asinine law comes into force.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Another member was kind enough to let me put a few rounds through their new tavor. All I can say is the thing was SWEET! Only downside i noticed (granted I was only shooting it briefly) was the trigger.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Hopefully someone will start selling compliant models with flash hiders tacked on to make it at least 29" long, so it will then be available after this asinine law comes into force.

I'm sure that must be in the works already. I'm not opposed to a slightly longer barrel.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Friend of mine got one a couple weeks ago and I got to shoot it. A very nice shooting rifle. Shoulders nice. Didn't notice any considerable recoil more than the RRA AR I was shooting. Trigger felt good and it took my AR mags so I could shoot my own ammo through it. He has shot it a half a dozen times now and loves it. Def gets attention at the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom