What is the definition of a firearm purchase in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I find the OP strangely AI...

Watch limits on purchase frequency coming from the MGA... or maybe even a change to a longer wait...
    I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for now. But if I were to put the tinfoil hat on, a couple of things would have my ears up though. In the other nuked thread, they wanted the forum to essentially be a single subforum - suggesting that they may want to know what's being discussed here broadly without understanding enough about where to look for specific topics or even why there are separate topical sub-forums ("Let's talk about guns together as a group" was one line that stood out in that thread). Also the word choice of "policy question" in this thread's OP rather than "legal question" is also interesting. Tinfoil hat off.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Trolls are always in fashion on MDS, but they tend to waken the sleepers before GA sessions, and big time in election years.

We've noted before that some posters remain quiescent for years, after establishing a handful of gun posts, before being activated.

Maybe we need a poll to determine how many folks are being paid to post here, and how many are merely motivated by their indoctrination status?

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Rookie here. I wonder if anyone could please help me with a policy question?

What is the definition of a firearm purchase in Maryland when it comes to the 30-day limitation?
    (a) the successful transfer of a firearm from the FFL to the buyer, or
    (b) the order of a firearm from an online dealer?

If the correct answer is (a), is there any limitations about how many firearms I can order in a month, assuming I will wait 30 days to pick up each of them later?

Thanks.

(a) your FFL can hold onto the new firearm until the 30 days have passed. Some will, some won't.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What? No replies yet? Probably a “one and done” or this forum isn’t “lively” enough!
    Undercover clandestine operator:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

This member limits who may view their full profile.

We can't even see if he came back to read the responses.
    Pretty slick, Slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom