• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    just fill out another 77R it's not like credit it does not effect your approval, you can make a few, put the PIN on paper, put the paper in your wallet, and just give the FFL your pin then go through the process if I recall they are good for a year.

I have one for a handgun and one for a rifle in my wallet every time I go to the FFL.
    A 77r for a rifle?

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Huh? Not needed for MD legal ARs as they are long guns (cash and carry; no 77r or 7 day wait). AR pistols, sure, but not rifles.
    Good to know, I've only ever used it for a lower so far. Got a handgun on the list now so will need that HG pin at some point anyways.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Regarding the electronic version of the Federal form 4473, who gets and retains that?

The paper forms are supposed to remain with the dealer until he surrenders his license. Even if the Feds do get the paper form sooner or hopefully later, it has to be manually entered into their illegal database. Do the Feds get that electronic 4473 right away? Does it go right into their Hellishly Orwellian Database immediately?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    just fill out another 77R it's not like credit it does not effect your approval, you can make a few, put the PIN on paper, put the paper in your wallet, and just give the FFL your pin then go through the process if I recall they are good for a year.
    They are good indefinitely.

I have one for a handgun and one for a rifle in my wallet every time I go to the FFL.
    You don't need one for a rifle in Maryland.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    "assault weapon" mainly if I find another carbine rifle I want to add to my collection.
    All "Assault weapons" are banned for sale or transfer (Yes, there are very limited exceptions) in Maryland.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    They are good indefinitely.

You don't need one for a rifle in Maryland.
    Just goes to show how confusing Maryland makes it, so if it's legal the 77r is just for pistol classed items, be it a rifle lower, pistol, or a handgun?

I need to think less on these laws and just go with it.

Last edited:

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Wow. I just did this and received my pin email... I've been waiting a month to get this.

So now what? I just go to the gun store to have the shop owners complete the paperwork?

What store did u go to that didn’t tell u what to do? I definitely want to stay away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just goes to show how confusing Maryland makes it, so if it's legal the 77r is just for pistol classed items, be it a rifle lower, pistol, or a handgun?

I need to think less on these laws and just go with it.
    Yep.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Regarding the electronic version of the Federal form 4473, who gets and retains that?

The paper forms are supposed to remain with the dealer until he surrenders his license. Even if the Feds do get the paper form sooner or hopefully later, it has to be manually entered into their illegal database. Do the Feds get that electronic 4473 right away? Does it go right into their Illegal Hellishly Orwellian Database immediately?
    FIFY

And they no longer manually enter the data into their Illegal database they scan them and use OCR. They are also taking electronic pictures of FFL records when they do their harassment visits looking for typographical errors as an excuse for removing an FFL's license and putting them out of business, which automatically means all the 4473's get turned over to the ATF for subsequent scanning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom