• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Tab is a cure for the VZ2008 trigger gremlin. look at post #30 below
    The VZ58's have this shape. According to the Internet, Century tried to duplicate this as some point in the past, but ran into patent problems. This is what the tab looks like.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?350886-The-VZ2008-gremlin-showed-up-today

Google is your friend and you can find someone who will install one for $50

This guy claims the tab is not needed and describes the problem.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I had my VZ 2008 tabbed and now it runs better than when I first bought it. I started experiencing what some referred to as the false gremlin where the gun still fires but the reset is delayed. Its still uncertain if it's even related but I can tell you after the tabbing, the gun cycles better than it did before but since I had no reference I thought the gun was just fine out of the box. Most 2008 owners will notice that if you cycle the action slowly by hand the bold will catch before it goes fully into battery and this is not a feature on the original VZ. Once it's tabbed it changes the timing of the disconnector so that its being pushed down longer to clear.

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    I bought one last year and the tab was needed right off the bat. The area on the bolt carrier that trips the trigger rest was worn down to the point the trigger reset would not occur when firing. Installing the tab fixed the issue 100%.

I swapped out the folding stock with a fixed stock after that. I get a lot of cheek slap even with fixed stock and CNC muzzle brake installed. I actually dont like the VZ2008. I am an average size person. The rifle seems really small. I feel like I really need to hug the rifle to line up sights.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I bought one last year and the tab was needed right off the bat. The area on the bolt carrier that trips the trigger rest was worn down to the point the trigger reset would not occur when firing. Installing the tab fixed the issue 100%.

I swapped out the folding stock with a fixed stock after that. I get a lot of cheek slap even with fixed stock and CNC muzzle brake installed. I actually dont like the VZ2008. I am an average size person. The rifle seems really small. I feel like I really need to hug the rifle to line up sights.

The fit of a riffle is a personal thing and for me having an average build but with long arms I found the fixed stock to be too short. I have the plastic sportier skeletonized fix stock that fits me like a glove. The VZ feels better to me than my AR.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Took the VZ2008 to the range to adjust the sight. The sKs tool would not work to drift the Windage but I got the elevation set. I plan to shoot at 100 and adjust again
    This is 50yards rested front on. A rifle rest

022fb6b728c98ce05d231ad1a722b970.jpg

8ff2c1f39210c1fe391b8e38efdd1748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Zombie thread! 2015!

Seriously with respect to the Vz2008 no comparison. I have both. Both work, Vz58 head and shoulders above.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I also had both. Not sure the Vz.58 is twice as good as the VZ2008 (as compared by price)--but then I didn't have to send the Vz.58 back to get canted sights fixed, either... :D

Once the 2008 shot straight, they were fairly comparable. Finish is definitely nicer on the 58 and there are some other differences.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I also had both. Not sure the Vz.58 is twice as good as the VZ2008 (as compared by price)--but then I didn't have to send the Vz.58 back to get canted sights fixed, either... :D

Once the 2008 shot straight, they were fairly comparable. Finish is definitely nicer on the 58 and there are some other differences.

Prices at the time, last I saw they are about $200 apart these days. Then its no competition.

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    I’ve been back and forth on this and def would pick the vz58, at one point I would the sportier version that’s a 10rounder that I would’ve eventually covert the magwell

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom