VOTER ALERT: VOTING MACHINE ERRORS ARE BEING REPORTED!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    My wife voted a few minutes ago in Dublin, Harford County. Voting machine #0 changed her vote twice. She was able to correct it but how many are missing an incorrect vote?

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I have to believe that the Hogan camp is keeping track of every report of fraud which is why it's important to report every single case.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I give my First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Address, Date of Birth and the lady still give me someone else voting print out. How hard is it to use a touch screen after a bunch of people had voted before me?

It took 15 min for them to get a voting judge to come over a clear this up and print the correct info out. At lest the voting booth system worked.:cool:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    No sh1t there I was, I pushed the card into the machine and up pops the electronic ballot. I go to push the Hogan button and up pops Brown as being checked. What I noticed is that there is a problem with parallax. The problem is with the angle of the machine's screen my sight-line and where I think my finger is touching on the screen is the cause of the problem.

My conclusion is that people are incompetent and lazy and don't know how to actually touch a touch screen. The ATM machines are not a good example for how it is done because they put lots of space between the buttons. On a ballot everything is packed in tightly and makes it prone to finger banging the screen.

Just to give you a bit of insight into my political views, I am to the right of Attila the Hun.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    If this was intentional they'd swap the votes to D after you click submit. It'd be done on a randomized interval only for votes for a R candidate. You'd never know. No one would be stupid enough to change votes and make it show up on the GUI. It's actually more work, given the scenario that's happening you'd have to literally write code to tell the GUI to change what checkbox is selected. Not even an undergrad would do that. This is 100% a hardware issue.

And what if this due to the fact that the template definition is the only part left up to the locals And no you don't need to write any code just pick a default. For any misread the defaut should be uninitialised. My bet it defaults to the first option defined.. a safe choice to avoid an undefined index error. Of course if that's always a D then that's what you get. I have not seen the machines.. but if D us the first opion defined and the control initialises on first touch any place in the control area..then the effect would be what we are seeing.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    No sh1t there I was, I pushed the card into the machine and up pops the electronic ballot. I go to push the Hogan button and up pops Brown as being checked. What I noticed is that there is a problem with parallax. The problem is with the angle of the machine's screen my sight-line and where I think my finger is touching on the screen is the cause of the problem.

My conclusion is that people are incompetent and lazy and don't know how to actually touch a touch screen. The ATM machines are not a good example for how it is done because they put lots of space between the buttons. On a ballot everything is packed in tightly and makes it prone to finger banging the screen.

Just to give you a bit of insight into my political views, I am to the right of Attila the Hun.

More likely a misread that defaults.. tell me is D the upper choice?

I think this is a known issue, and its being exploited.. but that's just me....

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    More likely a misread that defaults.. tell me is D the upper choice?

I think this is a known issue, and its being exploited.. but that's just me....

Yes the D's were all on the top/above the R's.

I don't think it is a misread I believe it is a malfunction between the eyes and the finger tip. Once I figured out where I was supposed to touch the screen to make the selection I never encountered it for any of the rest of the races.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    How do you explain what happened to me voting today? As reported earlier my wife had an issue with a particular machine flipping her vote. Two hours latter I used the same machine and had the same problem. However I was using a stylus so it wasn't my fat fingers causing the problem.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is so stupid.

How often do grocery store touch screens f* up, and they're used hundreds of times a day, seven days a week?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    This is so stupid.

How often do grocery store touch screens f* up, and they're used hundreds of times a day, seven days a week?

The issue is familiarity with the equipment. People vote every two years, the store clerk operates the touch screen every day for eight hours, 5 days a week and 50 weeks a year.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I voted without incident. I received virtually no instructions but the voter behind me for more than a paragraph worth of instructions.

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's a little bit funny..........

No, I'm not breaking into Elton John. But I digress.

I'm so glad that we had people looking out for (and finding!!) opportunities for [provable] fraud and abuse.

But in the end, from looking at a lot of the breakdown across the state today, I haven't seen anything that would have changed an outcome.

This further proves the enormity of how pissed people outside the Leftist Triangle really are!!

Oh.... And Howard County..... PLEASE become the cancer from within. You people made my day today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom