VOTER ALERT: VOTING MACHINE ERRORS ARE BEING REPORTED!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    While I'm a fan of OSS, it wouldn't do any good. There'd be no validation that the machines were running the same copy of code that the public inspected. And, in the end, still no validation that the votes were accurately tallied.

Mixing electronics and voting is just a bad idea. I'm certainly no technophobe, but these devices just present far too many opportunities to subvert the voting process.

Anyone want to start a voting machine manufacturing business? No doubt someone smarter than me has figured this out - so why are they still in use?

So what is the answer? Certainly not paper ballots. Paper ballots have been used to steal elections since the times of the Romans. Look at how many dead people used paper ballots to get Mayor Daley elected in Chicago.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

MDQUSA

May 27, 2010
    I'm unopposed in this election, for both the primary and in the general election. I was also unopposed in my last election in 2010.

I don't know if it is because everyone likes my voting record or if it's because I carry a 1911 all the time, I don't know but I'll take it.

Also, I had two reports today of people getting the wrong ballot. So once again check your ballot.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My sample ballot that came in the mail had me in the wrong legislative and councilmatic districts but the machine was correct when I voted. Balt co board of elections blamed it on an address mixup.

Cyra

Mrs. Glaron
    Feb 4, 2014
    We really should get a little receipt if we vote electronically. With the old punch ballots, it was a pain but your only hick-up was if you didn't insert your ballot correctly.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Ever notice how ALL reports of machine malfunction in every state, every time, always give more votes to the Dems?

If it were as simple as calibration, as is said, the incidence of Dems and Reps benefiting should be about equal.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    So what is the answer? Certainly not paper ballots. Paper ballots have been used to steal elections since the times of the Romans. Look at how many dead people used paper ballots to get Mayor Daley elected in Chicago.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I don't mind electronic for reporting but I would love to see a printout that gets generated. Maybe into a secure box underneath the machine and also a receipt the voter gets that has encoded their ballot and some reference ID. That way if there is ever a question the paper printout from the machine could be confirmed with the paper receipt.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Surprise surprise.

I had a bit of trouble getting the R boxes to fill in, but definitely noticed the D box filled every time... Of course I went back and made corrections and triple checked the ballot before casting the vote.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

-Joseph Stalin

Precisely. How easy is it to know if the counters are neutral in any of this? Exactly - what one says vs. does. Unbiased? Highly unlikely.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Physically mail out a randomized code that's linked to your name, address, and SSN in a database. Enter your name, address, SSN, and code and then vote electronically. Don't accept the vote unless the identifying info matches with the data linked to the code. If you lose your code, you have to vote in person. If the code is used again in the same election it overwrites the old row in the database.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    When finished right as you are supposed to confirm you voting choices I just used my iPhone to snap two pictures of the voting confirmation screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom