• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    They will announce; go to the back room and change the outcome... :lol2:

After what was pulled in the 2013 session nothing would surprise me...

...seriously: If the administration told you that the party would support anyone that ran against you in the primary if you didn't vote for SB281, and then Frosh started telling other Democrats HOW to vote on the floor....

I would not be surprised if election rigging happened.

Very cynical, I know, but these are politicians.

Mr H

Banana'd
    After what was pulled in the 2013 session nothing would surprise me...

...seriously: If the administration told you that the party would support anyone that ran against you in the primary if you didn't vote for SB281, and then Frosh started telling other Democrats HOW to vote on the floor....

I would not be surprised if election rigging happened.

Very cynical, I know, but these are politicians.

Ellen Sauerbrey could not be reached for comment.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Figures ... Frosh & Brown/Ulman

Weir and Olszewski are A-rated by AGC. Crizer and Washington had 'no rating'

But, but, but ... It's for the children MSEA.

That makes me happy I called the teacher's union, "government shills", in my testimony for sb533. It's amazing, when we had a republican governor education was fully funded and we even got raises in pay...all the while with a rainy-day fund for emergencies. Omalley gets in, blows all our money and raises taxes. Teachers pay is held hostage to pass bad bill after bad bill, and we didn't get raises. We now take home LESS money because of the increase in taxes and lack of raises to keep up with the falling dollar.

As teachers, our jobs in school now suck a lot more. They signed on for race to the top funding from the feds, which means adopting common core and the new teacher evaluation system. Another big part of that is "closing the achievement gap", which every teacher that has a functional brain knows means, "Take resources from the main student body and dump them on the bottom 5% that don't pass standardized tests"....it's a form of "redistribution of wealth" and is flat out social engineering at the expense of the kids that do what they're supposed to. It's just about impossible to get the bottom performing kids to actually perform up to standard(because of home-issues that trump what we can do with the small time we have at school), so "closing the achievement gap" will ALWAYS mean pulling the top down.

The new evaluation system added hours and hours and hours of extra work to the job that has nothing to do with the kids. We need to create SLO's, data to prove student growth that is aligned with those SLO's, assessment tools aligned to the SLO's, actually assessing the kids on the same thing(what is in the SLO...which may not have anything to do with the unit you're working on at the time you must administer the test) in a pre-test then midyear test and finally a post-test, create pre-observation lesson plans in their format, fill out pre-observation question forms, have a pre-observation meeting, have the observation(this happens twice in the year), then fill out post-observation questions and have a post-observation meeting. In addition to this, you need to upload artifacts to prove you meet domains 1 and 4 in all of their sub-categories for the danielson framework....
    http://danielsongroup.org/framework/
    Once all this work is in, you have some additional end of the year meetings in which your scores are totaled up, with different categories weighted differently to add up to the total they created out of thin air. You're then rated as ...
    3.5 - 6.99 Ineffective
    7.00 - 9.99 Effective
    10.00 - 12 Highly Effective

What all this mumbo-jumbo amounts to is teachers completely flubbing and fabricating data to show growth, because it's largely impossible to meet the pie-in-the-sky fantasy that 100% of students will show a standardized amount of growth, and since they have zero respect for the evaluation system, are largely just creating fake data to show the growth. Administrators were essentially nonexistent at school this year because they need to do the above evaluation procedure for ALL teachers in the building. It created well over 20 hours of work for me as an individual, now multiply that by the 80 or so teachers in our building and that equates to a LOT of work-hours wasted on this BS and NOT spent on work for the students.

It also doesn't really translate well for all teachers. For PE, we were learning as we went along how exactly this crap relates to me in any way. During one of my evaluations the admin said, "In order for your lesson to demonstrate evidence to get a higher score, it would have been a less-effective lesson for the students. It just doesn't translate to your area and your lesson was about as good as could be asked, so don't really worry about the score". It also means during my gymnastics unit, I had to drag the mats away to the wall for my SLO class to randomly do fitness testing(as related to my SLO goal) because I needed a mid-year data set.

But....the union(who has been fighting the new evaluation system) is going to endorse the worst democrat candidate that is promising to double-down on these failed policies...a f^cking joke.

They also endorsed Frosh, who single-handedly blocked jessica's law in md with a desk-drawer veto and then voted against it on the floor when he was forced to let it come to a floor vote. This is the guy the teacher's union endorsed, the guy standing up for the rights of child rapists. GTFOOH.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    You can still vote! walk in, and say you are a democrat. You will be given a provisional ballot.

That provisional ballot will be counted.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/provisional_voting.html

The Democrats made the rules, might as well work within them.

That is how the professional Democrat voters commit voter fraud. They just go from one polling location to the next and can vote multiple times in a day.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Did the deed. Mount Airy polls were almost empty. Felt great doing my part to help kick the legs out from underneath MD's commie machine.

Words of inspiration for those who haven't voted yet:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That is how the professional Democrat voters commit voter fraud. They just go from one polling location to the next and can vote multiple times in a day.

That is why it is absolutely imperative that we use all the tools at our disposal to work within the rules. 1 man = 1 vote

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    After 38 years of voting, for the first time I have cast a vote that (might) mean somthing in Maryland.

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    Done. I'm really hoping that regardless of the results it is obvious that this years election results are not typical of prior years and go on to tell some sort of story

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Just came back from voting in D20 as a DINO. Felt really dirty to announce my party…

On a positive note, I was the only there to vote. During the last general election, I had to wait an hour. I'm feeling good about the low turnout.

Oh, and the first person to approach me in the parking lot was a Frosh supporter. I knew I should have worn my NRA t-shirt!

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    I voted around 830am and there was nobody in that piece. I had a shirt on with scary black rifles printed on it, a pocket knife and I walked in to an elementary school and I felt free being that is super against the rules.

I got some funny looks, a few laughs from McConkeys and Vitales people and I just smiled.

I have a good feeling we may end up doing some damage in the long run, but Ill be content with a few upsets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom