• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Does it still taste fresh?

As long as one doesn't leave the bottle open for long periods of time and reseal it well when replacing the cap, it should be just fine. I'm currently drinking some that was made about fifteen years ago and it keeps me just as regular as the new stuff does.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    As long as one doesn't leave the bottle open for long periods of time and reseal it well when replacing the cap, it should be just fine. I'm currently drinking some that was made about fifteen years ago and it keeps me just as regular as the new stuff does.

There are sometimes you really worry me......:D

Straight up or on the rocks? I like mine with some Jamaican ginger beer. Adds new meaning to "Dark and Stormy".

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    love that smell.

I can't freaking stand Hoppe's. Gives me a headache.

I use M Pro-7 now. Non-toxic, odorless, and actually works better than practically anything else I've ever used. Only the worst lead/copper/carbon deposits need extra help. And for carbon we have Slip 2000 Carbon Killer which smells like an orange creamsicle...

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Hoppes is Ok for carbon fouling - I use it to clean blowback residue in the action of various guns. But for bullet fouling - it sucks. Much prefer Shooters Choice over Hoppes, does a better job of cleaning bores. For tough copper fouling Sweets 7.62 -but that stuff does stinks like ammonia bigtime.

I seen a monster sized bottle of Hoppes 9 at Gander Mountain it looks and is the size of the old school I.V. drip bottles you used to see in hospitals.

If that bottle lid was still tight, I dont see why it would be bad - there is no stated shelf life. I bet I have a Hoppes 9 bottle that is older then 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom