• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    We need to get a list of the vote changers and expose them to the press.

The press hasn't been very friendly to us. Not saying don't go that route, but I'd stress the use of social media. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and all that jazz. Send it to every gun related forum/page out there.

The world needs to know that we're fighting this fight, but the fight's not fair.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Since someone suggested to send to NRA, has Shannon seen this yet? Anyone who is not a FB refusenik post this on the MOM FB page? Should I send a link to the Delegates? I want to send to Jill Carter since I am in the city but don't know if it is a good idea at this point.

Bosco1911

Oct 29, 2011
    Forest Hill
    It should be sent to The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and Alan Gura...

...I'm am livid right now! My heart is racing, and I am pi$$ed as $hit! I just finished watching this entire video, and we are living in a Communist dictatorship. I need a beer!!!

Some medicinal dope will be able to fix that soon enough. Frigging MD :mad54:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I shared it but I remember to include a complete description on the events. please feel free to edit this and correct any errors, but share it.

the amendment process and stolen vote during the committee markup of sb281, maryland governor martin o'malley's so called "firearm safety act" and gun ban with gun owner registration and licensing.
    1. there are a lot of delegates voting, that's beccause the speaker of the house michael busch staked the deck by assigning the vote to 2 combined committees.
    30 of the 46 possible votes (2/3rds) are delegates from baltimore city and county, montgomery and pg counties. the remainder of the state is only represented by 1/3rd of the committee. the vote is held in a room thatbis much smaller than the room for public hearings. there is barely enough room to seat the delegates, and many don't even get desks, because the room only holds a few dozen seats for the public. if they had used the one of the larger rooms that had seats for all the committee members than more of the hundreds of 2A supporters waiting outside would have been allowed in to watch. they didn't want that.
    2. you see republican michael smigiel introduce an amendment adding a requirement of a mandatory minimum sentence on a criminals using a gun in a crime of violence.
    3. you see democrat chairman vallario urge the committee to vote against the amendment.
    4. the vote is taken and the chairman announces the amendment passes.
    5. the 2nd amendment supporters in the gallery watching cheer, because finally something addtessing crime is added to the bill. they oppose the bill, and the ban, because it does nothing to address crime, but treats gun owners like criminals.
    6. democrat vice chair dumais calls for all the 2a supporters to ve removed from the room. as this happens a plain clothed dls police woman approaches a bald man in the front row. he has been streaming the vote for several hours with a large tablet. she asks him to stop recording.
    7. a second vote is taken, 23 to 23, with what I assume is the democrat chairman vallario casting a silent tie breaker, and announcing the amendment fails.
    8. many citizens leave in disgust and a cry of "shame" is heard.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    THANK YOU!
    For posting the link and to The Maryland Minutemen for capturing this.

I was sitting in the front row, streaming the event live to nearly 200 people who couldn't make it to Annapolis.

After 3 hours of sitting in the front row, holding up my tablet, when this happened (9:14 on the YouTube video), you can see the female MD State Police officer asking me if I was a member of the media. "No." Then you need to stop recording. "I'm not recording, I'm streaming it live, just like you're doing to the overflow room."

Had met and talked with her before. Very kind and respectful and I know she has a job to do, so when she said something on her radio, then returned to asked me again to please just stop, I did.

But can you believe it!? There it is on YouTube. Me being told to stop exercising my 1st amendment right so the government could quietly infringe on our 2nd amendment rights!

Just liked The Maryland Minutemen on Facebook!

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I think it should be noted, this amendment was the same amendment that was reconsidered in the senate.. Folks this is NOT a coincidence.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    THANK YOU!

I was sitting in the front row, streaming the event live to nearly 200 people who couldn't make it to Annapolis.

After 3 hours of sitting in the front row, holding up my tablet, when this happened (9:14 on the YouTube video), you can see the female MD State Police officer asking me if I was a member of the media. "No." Then you need to stop recording. "I'm not recording, I'm streaming it live, just like you're doing to the overflow room."

Had met and talked with her before. Very kind and respectful and I know she has a job to do, so when she said something on her radio, then returned to asked me again to please just stop, I did.

But can you believe it!? There it is on YouTube. Me being told to stop exercising my 1st amendment right so the government could quietly infringe on our 2nd amendment rights!

your stream got a lot of shares on facebook yesterday. I shared it and then dwyer reshared it. I was getting random thank yous from strangers, but i told them I was just passing it on and didn't kniw who was recording it.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It should be sent to The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and Alan Gura...

...I'm am livid right now! My heart is racing, and I am pi$$ed as $hit! I just finished watching this entire video, and we are living in a Communist dictatorship. I need a beer!!!

Some medicinal dope will be able to fix that soon enough. Frigging MD :mad54:

I just busted into one of these in the mean time:
    flying-dog-raging-bitch-ipa.jpeg

Ahhh, that's good! :party29: No wonder the Russians are such drunks living under such tyranny... ...I resemble that! :D

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    THANK YOU!

Thanks to you, fxdunigan, I was able to watch what was transpiring at the Session. Greatly appreciate all your efforts.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom