• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I am against the carry ban, but those who think anyone but a few dozen people will be carrying in DC are wrong.

Firstly they can do no reciprocity so if you are an out of state holder you are not going to be allowed to carry.

Secondly they have until October, and will simply pass the most stringent may issue which as we all know is for all practical purposes is no issue.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I am against the carry ban, but those who think anyone but a few dozen people will be carrying in DC are wrong.

Firstly they can do no reciprocity so if you are an out of state holder you are not going to be allowed to carry.

Secondly they have until October, and will simply pass the most stringent may issue which as we all know is for all practical purposes is no issue.

Yea... this is what I think as well... Followed by many months of additional legal wrangling as the May Issue policy is fought - resulting in years/months of status quo.

Still, it gives me joy to see Gura fight the good fight. ;-)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yea... this is what I think as well... Followed by many months of additional legal wrangling as the May Issue policy is fought - resulting in years/months of status quo.

Still, it gives me joy to see Gura fight the good fight. ;-)

We should welcome that fight.

Meaning this case would be persued at a faster speeed than it already has. Only 5 years so far...

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Judge's order says self defense has to be acceptable meaning may issue is not on the table with him. He also says that you cannot exclude nonresidents. So with this judge may issue and non reciprocity will not fly. The Circuit is a completely different matter and I expect they will overturn this in short order.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You're not barred from applying for a MD permit right now. CA you have a point there.

I am in MD. Virginia is a plan more like a dream given my work situation. I used VA since NRA is based there.. If this case holds it will add to the case but yes we could bring it now. I think we are best to wait in case we need another attack...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    With the Judge's ruling, DC has a couple of choices as far as non residents A separate and distinct paragraph in his ruling told DC that the ban could not include non residents.

So DC can:

1. Start issuing NR permits to eligible applicants
    2. Recognize all other state permits.

As has been repeated ad nauseum in this thread, may issue isn't going to be acceptable to this judge or to Gura. He stated that. Read the Judge's ruling and Chief Lanier's teletype to her Dept.

But that won't stop DC from trying it in an attempt to delay all this.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Cool

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 562

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I sold many of 10 round mags on ebay to New Yorkers, I had to go online and buy one myself. Glad the price came down. Let the chips fall where they may!!!!
    Oh,,, BTW,, I did go online and get a Certificate of Completion for the DC Firearms Safety Training Course just in case....

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I sold many of 10 round mags on ebay to New Yorkers, I had to go online and buy one myself. Glad the price came down. Let the chips fall where they may!!!!
    Oh,,, BTW,, I did go online and get a Certificate of Completion for the DC Firearms Safety Training Course just in case....

This will also qualify you for the VA Concealed carry permit if you don't have it already. :thumbsup:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Holy cow! Huge thanks for this!
    Can the certificate be mailed? They say bring over and over, but offer the address.
    Print it from your computer and mail in with the app. They also accept the old MD online handgun safety course which no longer exists. AZ accepts them both as well.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    The Good Guys have filed their Opposition to Motion for Reconsideration.

Good stuff.

- This is frivolous.
    - They're only doing this to delay the clock for Appeal under FRAP Rule 4. Put this to bed ASAP.
    - Don't take the bait in using the 2A 2-Step, Intermediate Scrutiny, etc.

An enjoyable read...

Attachments

• Palmer_65.pdf
      131.8 KB · Views: 237
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula