• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Shitty thing is that you still wont be able to bring them into federal buildings. Leave it in the car? Oh wait, everyone takes metro. Maybe they can install gun lockers in the lobby? One can hope :)

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I have a site visit in SE at 7am. I'll go from wv the long way through va into dc. Working within 500 feet of a housing project. For the first time working down there, I will feel safe tomorrow!!!

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    More from Emily Miller on FB: Per DC Police Chief Lanier, the only gun arrests allowed now are DC residents with unregistered guns and non-residents who are prohibited under federal laws from possessing firearms. Everyone else is in the clear.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I never anticipated this happening like this. Amazing stuff!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I hope they don't get it. I wonder if they can be denied the stay?

It would be nice to have a few months where this policy is in effect where there will be zero "blood in the streets" or other such nonsensical scaremongering that antis like to throw at us. Maybe there'll even be a drop in crime!!! I know, I know, correlation does not imply causation.

I'm thinking Scullin would deny, since he wrote the opinion to be effective immediately. He read Moore, which allowed IL 6 months to come up with a law, and didn't follow suit (after all the opinion was 5 years after the lawsuit was filed). It'll come down to the DC Circuit panel. Even if they don't grant the stay, I doubt it'll take long for DC to come up with something. It's a one party government, all of them think alike. It's not like IL with downstate GOPers and Chicago liberals fighting it out.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Lanier just announced to not arrest anyone who can legally carry in DC or any other state.

They will still be banned from all Federal Buildings

Wow, she actually understands the opinion! As far as Federal buildings, DC cops can't really enforce that can they?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    This is incredible. I live in MD, work in DC. I'm not special enough to be allowed to have a MD CCW permit, so I would have to legally transport to the DC line - at which point I would have Constitutional Carry.

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Who would have thought a few years ago - a Maryland resident would have more freedom in Illinois, California and even DC. Unbelievable!

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Also, unless I'm missing something. This doesn't do Maryland residents a damn bit of good today. Maybe in the future. Correct?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well at least temporarily, DC won't be able to harass persons traveling legally under FOPA and now they can even make DC a destination. That's a good thing, even if it's temporary. Every day that goes by without an incident just pokes more holes in their arguments about bans to enhance public safety.

big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    This is incredible. I live in MD, work in DC. I'm not special enough to be allowed to have a MD CCW permit, so I would have to legally transport to the DC line - at which point I would have Constitutional Carry.

Not sure how that argument will hold up. I'm sure someone is gonna be a test case when they don't gave some sort of legal permit from whatever state

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Laner said nothing about needing a permit. Only that you are not federally prohibited. Some states don't issue permits. Permittees cannot be treated differently than non permittees. I belive Judge Sculin addressed this in his ruling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom