• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Voted yesterday around 3:45pm at the Carroll County Senior Center.

Not ONE other person was there to vote and they said turn out has been very low. Maybe everyone is saving it up for Election Day.

VOTE.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    how much of a chance does everyone else think Kathy has?
    Zero. That's why I'm a little concerned about the current DINO strategy of "vote for Edwards" around here. I'd prefer Kathy over Van Hollen or Edwards, but I just don't think she can beat either of them.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Zero. That's why I'm a little concerned about the current DINO strategy of "vote for Edwards" around here. I'd prefer Kathy over Van Hollen or Edwards, but I just don't think she can beat either of them.

I give Szeliga the same chance as Hogan! And for the record, back in Feb of 2014 before the primary I gave about a Hogan a 45% of winning, because people were sick of O'Maos tax and tax and tax policies. I think if Szeliga follows the Hogan strategy statewide, and ties the Dems to wasteful policies that have bankrupted Baltimore and nearly bankrupted the state, she has a decent (>=45%) chance of winning. My advice, as with Hogan, would be to play up pocketbook issues, avoid the culture wars. Brownstain ran these guns-in-schoolyards ads that had not impact (or a negative one). Let Edwards or Van Hell do the same.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Since it's a presidential year, the turnout in the general will also be important. Will the R's end up with someone who will rally an extraordinary turnout of motivated voters with coattails against a ho-hum D showing, or self-destruct?

GetzzBrah

Mar 3, 2016
    Any guides to show 2A supporters for the Harford County primary elections? Going to vote in an hour and would like to see those candidates first

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Early primary turnout is about 35% higher than 2014, through day 5 - and 2014 was not even a presidential year. We are only through day 5 and we have already doubled the early turnout in 2012. We will probably see around 180k early votes. Through day 5, 132k total early votes. 2014 the 8-day total was 140k

Get out and vote!!

Attachments

• 2016 Primary Turnout Through day 5.png
      2016 Primary Turnout Through day 5.png
      4.8 KB · Views: 360

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Early Voting in Baltimore City is extremely popular this go around. Probably does not bode well for Sanders...

Voted in Baltimore County yesterday. Put my Dino status to good use. Using a pen and paper was a welcome change.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Baltimore City: 15,033 DEM votes through Day 5, 653 REP votes.

Not bad considering about 46k voted in the general mayoral race in 2011, not bad at all.

653 Republicans is pretty surprising for Baltimore City. That is 652 Republicans more than I thought still lived there.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Baltimore City: 15,033 DEM votes through Day 5, 653 REP votes.

Not bad considering about 46k voted in the general mayoral race in 2011, not bad at all.

653 Republicans is pretty surprising for Baltimore City. That is 652 Republicans more than I thought still lived there.

When I used to live in Pigtown, the wife and I strolled down to our local polling place. This was in the age before electronic records, so the voter registration info was kept on a pile of cards in a cardboard box. The election worker could not find my info in a box stuffed with hundreds of records.

I had almost given up on my hopes of voting when one of the the workers asked, "Are you a Republican?" I said, "Yes." She poked around and found a smaller box with about six cards in it. I got to vote that day!

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    So who do we vote for for U.S. Senator if we are participating in operation DINO?

Also, I'm in District 2 so there is no other candidate for congress other than the incumbent.

Finally, for President, I assume we vote for Sanders as he will be easier to defeat in general election?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom