• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The registered Democrats should vote for Donna Edwards in the primary to try and kick Van Hollen out of the seat and off the general election ballot. The registered Republicans should all get behind Kathy Szeliga in the primary so there will be a well supported solid pro 2A candidate for the general election.

Then everyone should support the Republican candidate with time, money and votes in the general election in order to win back one more vote for freedom. And point out to all the gun owning Democrats you know a vote for a Democratic Senator is a vote against gun rights.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The registered Democrats should vote for Donna Edwards in the primary to try and kick Van Hollen out of the seat and off the general election ballot. The registered Republicans should all get behind Kathy Szeliga in the primary so there will be a well supported solid pro 2A candidate for the general election.

Then everyone should support the Republican candidate with time, money and votes in the general election in order to win back one more vote for freedom. And point out to all the gun owning Democrats you know a vote for a Democratic Senator is a vote against gun rights.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Ah, I forgot that the next MGA election is 2018, so she'd just go back there until then. Don't know about appointment of replacement, but shouldn't be hard to find out.

No. The counties republican central committee gets first dibs at making an appointment. If they send 1 name the governor is required to appoint that person. If they send multiple he gets to pick. I forget the time table, 45 days I believe. If they do nothing it's governors choice.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Is it different for the Dems?

I always thought it was the County Central Committee that proposed replacement, but heard this morning that, should Pugh win the STATE Dem CC would CHOOSE her replacement.

It sounded somewhat low-information to me, but wasn't sure.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Szeliga in my opinion has a real chance, like Hogan.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

That's worth repeating.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

So is that.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Found out today that Szeliga has garnered support and ads on her behalf from Citizens United.

It's getting real.

Her Dem opponent (and the Soros- and Tides- and Media Matters- and AFL-CIO- funded PACS) will all run ads using that against her, of course.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Is it different for the Dems?

I always thought it was the County Central Committee that proposed replacement, but heard this morning that, should Pugh win the STATE Dem CC would CHOOSE her replacement.

It sounded somewhat low-information to me, but wasn't sure.

Congressional has different rules. Technically the governor can request multiple names, but they can ignore him.

Mar 31, 2016
    I am first on the ballot Democratic SENATE Candidate
    100% 2nd amendment will never support anything against the rights of 2nd amendment !!!

Freddie Donald Dickson
    Jr

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Mar 31, 2016
    EDWARDS has said she stands with Hillary 100% against the NRA !!

"Freddie" Donald Dickson Jr
    is
    REDDIE
    You need to
    Glock and Vote

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member