• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I hope Putin liberates us and brings with him thousands of Russian laminate SKS rifles :fingerscrossed:

I hope Jeb Bush liberates us, not Putin. He's way more skilled at international politics than Bock-Obama or Shrillery Clinton but I sure don't want him as my leader.

I guess I'm surprised "let no crisis go to waste" policy has not started the import bans yet. Russia will sell to Ukraine and Ukraine will sell to us. Doesn't that happen right now?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That's not the real concern. Since one of the very few things that the U.S. imports from Russia* is ammunition and surplus firearms, this would be a perfect opportunity for Biden to push a "token ban" on Russian imports that not only would make it look like the White House is doing something, but also limit the ammo available for those evil guns that some Americans have.

(*Unlike much of Europe, which imports huge amounts of natural gas.)

I would guess it would end up like Chinese solar panels, rebranded through another Country or shipped in components and reassembled. Where there is money people will find a way.

But I agree with you, cant trust bobo and joe

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I would guess it would end up like Chinese solar panels, rebranded through another Country or shipped in components and reassembled. Where there is money people will find a way.

But I agree with you, cant trust bobo and joe

like, say.............................................. BrassMax from Bosnia :innocent0

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    CTD sold pmags cheap for years. They only raised the price when federal legislation to ban them loomed, and everyone and their brother wanted to buy them. Doctors charge a lot of money too, and at least no one dies when they can't pay CTDs bill. :shrug:

Holy sh*t! A CTD defender. Few and far between.:innocent0

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Well if there is big spike in Russian ammo,I will have to unload some of the stockpile,after all I am a capatilist:-)

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I saw this on facebook from NOVA Firearms:

All the Russian Ammo and Imports Dried Up Overnight!!! All the distributors are nearly sold out of Russian made ammo (wolf, bear, 7.62x39, x54R, etc) as most of that ammo is made in the Ukraine. There is still US made 7.62x39 ammo available, but its twice the cost. The cheaper ammo is now even harder to find! Firearm "Distributors" are saying the foreign ammo and AK style rifle imports are likely to see a price increase in the very near future. One distributor, last night, sold everyone one of their 10,000 cases of the 7.62x39 Russian made ammo and they have no expectation of getting restocked anytime soon! So if you find a good deal anywhere on the net (as I only have 4 cases left), you need to buy it while it's still cheap- if you are an AK kinda guy or gal! ~all the best, Nova Firearms

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I saw this on facebook from NOVA Firearms:

All the Russian Ammo and Imports Dried Up Overnight!!! All the distributors are nearly sold out of Russian made ammo (wolf, bear, 7.62x39, x54R, etc) as most of that ammo is made in the Ukraine. There is still US made 7.62x39 ammo available, but its twice the cost. The cheaper ammo is now even harder to find! Firearm "Distributors" are saying the foreign ammo and AK style rifle imports are likely to see a price increase in the very near future. One distributor, last night, sold everyone one of their 10,000 cases of the 7.62x39 Russian made ammo and they have no expectation of getting restocked anytime soon! So if you find a good deal anywhere on the net (as I only have 4 cases left), you need to buy it while it's still cheap- if you are an AK kinda guy or gal! ~all the best, Nova Firearms

WOW! Sure glad someone put a warning out here earlier.........:innocent0

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    WOW! Sure glad someone put a warning out here earlier.........:innocent0

I probably should mention that NOVA Firearms is a small store with high prices. I have seen this retailer overhype panic before (sold PMags for insane prices during the panic etc.) and I have not seen any shortage of 7.62x39 from online vendors yet. It is possible he is trying to unload the RPKs and AKs he has in stock...

But I did order 1080 rounds this morning....

Jradack

Dec 12, 2013
    Somd
    Last week sgammo had a lot of x39 in stock. Now they have next to nothing...... Any excuse I can use to buy ammo I will use. The wife understands by now.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have been watching 7.62X39 ammo prices on www.gunbot.net for the last week. They were showing Wolf on Monday as low as $0.21 a round. By mid week the cheapest available was $0.23 a round and today it is $0.24.

I ordered 1000 rounds last month so I have enough to last me a while.

Sirex