• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    There was never a "need" for dealers to charge crazy amounts like they were (still are?), this is based purely in greed.

I applaud your efforts to run a business without the need to gouge at every turn. Very refreshing.

Our slogan is... "Redefining what a gun company SHOULD be, by defying what others have done." The gun dealer market in this country is the way it has been for decades. Everybody complains about it. We decided to do something about it and open a store and doing everything differently.

Take ammo for example. I have .22LR in stock that is 11.8 cents a round. I could be charging 18 cents a round. I have .223 in stock that is 44.7 cents a round. I could be charging 58 cents a round. Just because I can, doesn't mean I should...:)

Our philosophy is simple: treat the customer right and they'll come back. I don't need to charge you a ton of money on one sale because I know you'll be back time and time again. I'll make my money in the long run. I want you to come to me to get every gun, every round of ammunition, every cleaning kit, every accessory, and take every gun class from me. I will do whatever it take to earn your lifeline business. It's that simple.

rauler

May 2, 2012
    Once military, always military - no matter the branch. We're the "less than 1%".
    I was going to ask about retired military but you gracefully already answered that. I echo the prior compliment about your business practice.

It takes us normally 1-2 days to get a gun delivered if we don't have it in stock. UPS, Fedex and USPS are all right around the corner from us. We get ground shipments from our distributors most times overnight.

All I ask is that you give me a chance to get the gun of your choice before you get it online. Give me a price you found, and I just might be able to beat it.
    That is more than a fair shake. From my point of view, as a customer, that is like a magnet to your front door.

Going to have to stop by one day and check out your place little out of the way. Seem like a good shop.
    It's a little out of the way for me too but you've convinced me to check you guys out. I do periodic rounds to Bass Pro or Ft. Meade and I could easily swing by your shop from there.

PS. Hope you have some Chai Latte k-cups around :)

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've been in the shop several times and think it's a great place. Chuck is truly one of the nicer FFLs that you'll ever meet and offers great prices in the current market.

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    It was a pleasure meeting you Chuck, you have a nice place there!
    Thanks for the deal on the ammo and good conversation. Hope to see those consignments soon from your buddy :thumbsup:
    Bill.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Chuck...It was a pleasure meeting you today. I enjoyed our conversation and would like to thank you for enlightening me on the "Shield". I look forward to doing business with you in the near future. I also owe you an apology for not thanking you for your service to our country while in your presence. Thank you.

PS... Mom is seriously thinking about an LC9 with a can... that's why she asked.:D

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Wow. I haven't seen transfer fees that low since I left Missouri. I knew I should have joined the military or police instead of the fire department... :-D

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    you guys are going to be SWAMPED with transfers which will lead to selling just about everything else..... do you guys honor the 7 day release?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    With the recent closing of Constitutional Firearms, I am looking for a reliable shop to send my strudents to an to handle the transfers of my instructor purchases. Looks like a road trip soon!

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    It was a pleasure meeting you Chuck, you have a nice place there!
    Thanks for the deal on the ammo and good conversation. Hope to see those consignments soon from your buddy :thumbsup:
    Bill.

It was funny. Lew came in as you were leaving the parking lot. I talked to him about the Garands and he said "Sure. I'll come up with a list and prices." Hopefully I can get something from him this week.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    you guys are going to be SWAMPED with transfers which will lead to selling just about everything else..... do you guys honor the 7 day release?

With the way MSP is working these days, our "Not Disapproved" are sometimes coming back in less than 24 hours. If I go 4 days without hearing from them, that's a long time. I would say on average I'm getting responses back in 2-3 days.

They did ask that I call them on the 7th day before doing the release. They may have missed the application. If they have it and missed it, they'll jump on it that day. I haven't had to call them yet since they've been coming back in only a few days.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Wow. I haven't seen transfer fees that low since I left Missouri. I knew I should have joined the military or police instead of the fire department... :-D

Well, I was a firefighter/medic for 10 years, so don't be surprised if you get the "public servant" discount [same as military]. Anyone who serves their community protecting or saving lives is #1 in my book. Plus, I know what firefighters get paid - and it's not a whole lot...:)

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Chuck...It was a pleasure meeting you today. I enjoyed our conversation and would like to thank you for enlightening me on the "Shield". I look forward to doing business with you in the near future. I also owe you an apology for not thanking you for your service to our country while in your presence. Thank you.

PS... Mom is seriously thinking about an LC9 with a can... that's why she asked.:D

It was also my pleasure meeting someone who thinks as I do. And don't worry about thanking me for my service. I volunteer to do this. Knowing people can sleep better at night is thanks enough... :)

Let me know when you want me to get an LC9 for you and it should only take me a day or two. I still have that one is stock with the green laser....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom