• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Saw several of these. Section of tire hanging up on trees on Maryland public hunting grounds. What are they for?

Attachments

• image-3806593498.jpg
      image-3806593498.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 990
    • image-4167573517.jpg
      image-4167573517.jpg
      83.1 KB · Views: 992

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    This looks like an attempt to increase the squirrel population. If so, why do we need more squirrels?

K3LAG

This looks like an attempt to increase the squirrel population. If so, why do we need more squirrels?

No kidding. In the woods behind my home, there is at least one squirrel nest in every large tree. Many of them have several. It doesn't seem to me the squirrels need much help. I sure wouldn't want to see a bunch of tires hanging from the trees in our woods.

Larry

MentalSquint

Can't Stomp Us Out
    Dec 6, 2007
    Frederick
    Those fake dreys fall out of trees all the time, theyre like wood duck boxes, a solution looking for a problem. Maybe useful in new growth forests without a lot of snags or holes, but ive never seen one in use by a squirrel. Red tail and cooper hawks getting hit by cars or zapping themselves on power lines are more helpful to the squirrel population.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Before white people showed up and ruined everything, North America's forests were filled with squirrels living in tires. This is a clear attempt to repair some of the damage we've done, by restoring the level of tree tires to their original, pre-european invasion levels.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Before white people showed up and ruined everything, North America's forests were filled with squirrels living in tires. This is a clear attempt to repair some of the damage we've done, by restoring the level of tree tires to their original, pre-european invasion levels.

I understand that BF Goodrich and Pirelli loincloths were the height of fashion among native american chieftains...and doubled as doodad defenders!

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    The real question is why do I always find rusted out 1940s-1960s model cars in just about every patch of forest I've ever explored on the east coast? You all know what I'm talking about--some of you have probably put a few bullet holes in them--if not you...well someone keeps shooting up those rusted cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom