• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Our friends at Duffys have 5.56 guns available soon. I have raised my hand for one in a fixed poly stock. More 7.62 guns with fixed stocks in November (think I will get one of those two)

Definitely interested in 5.56, especially if a rifle instead of a pistol. I am still hoping to SBR the M85 so a full rifle that takes AR mags would be preferable for me. Vince and crew, any ETA on these?

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Definitely interested in 5.56, especially if a rifle instead of a pistol. I am still hoping to SBR the M85 so a full rifle that takes AR mags would be preferable for me. Vince and crew, any ETA on these?

If you want one with a collapsible stock in 5.56, I can have one here in a week. The fixed stocks are due in late October. Dan Brown from Czechpoint is coming up to our MG shoot this weekend, so if you want one, let me know via PM ASAP and I'll have him bring some up.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Just finished up this video showcasing a VZ58 SBR, if this doesn't make you want to take the plunge I don't know what will...

You are holding my preferred bugout rifle in this video. Only thing it's missing is a 1-4 optic on a siderail and you've got something so easy to stick in a backpack, under a seat, in your lap while driving...

Just soooooooo effective. I LOVE IT

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    You are holding my preferred bugout rifle in this video. Only thing it's missing is a 1-4 optic on a siderail and you've got something so easy to stick in a backpack, under a seat, in your lap while driving...

Just soooooooo effective. I LOVE IT

It really is an awesome rifle, that's such a sleeper in the firearms industry..

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I KNOW! I've loved these rifles for much longer than the FSA was a thing. Even in full length 16 inch barrel configuration they are so damned light and handy, one of the only rifles I have gotten my hands on that outdoes my old department of corrections mini-14 GB in terms of sheer handiness.

The damn things are marvels of engineering, you pop off the dust cover, pull out the guts of the rifle and the damn thing is so open and easy to clean it's ridiculous. Everything is captive pins and redundant wide open spaces, and I absofreakinlutely LOVE the locking mechanism of this gun, the czechs are such incredible engineers!

Then there's the fact that I have NEVER had a single malfunction EVER from any of my D-technik rifles other than primers failing to ignite, and that had nothing to do with the rifle and everything to do with shitty tulammo.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I KNOW! I've loved these rifles for much longer than the FSA was a thing. Even in full length 16 inch barrel configuration they are so damned light and handy, one of the only rifles I have gotten my hands on that outdoes my old department of corrections mini-14 GB in terms of sheer handiness.

The damn things are marvels of engineering, you pop off the dust cover, pull out the guts of the rifle and the damn thing is so open and easy to clean it's ridiculous. Everything is captive pins and redundant wide open spaces, and I absofreakinlutely LOVE the locking mechanism of this gun, the czechs are such incredible engineers!

Then there's the fact that I have NEVER had a single malfunction EVER from any of my D-technik rifles other than primers failing to ignite, and that had nothing to do with the rifle and everything to do with shitty tulammo.

Pretty much sums it up! When I bought my D-technik gun back in March 2011 I felt like I was doing something wrong (cash and carry days) just walking away with such a sweet rifle while others waited for their AKs/M4s :D

IMG_6958
    by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

Last edited:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    have you considered a brake or flash hider on your SBR? I have been surprised how effective the czech military brake is at hiding flash, but if you want to keep it as short as possible just a short birdcage fh/comp is pretty cheap from CNC warrior.

I sent in pretty much all my flash hiders to be finished in melonite, but even before that they matched the finish of the rifle well.

GOD that SBR is so damned SEXY

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    have you considered a brake or flash hider on your SBR? I have been surprised how effective the czech military brake is at hiding flash, but if you want to keep it as short as possible just a short birdcage fh/comp is pretty cheap from CNC warrior.

I sent in pretty much all my flash hiders to be finished in melonite, but even before that they matched the finish of the rifle well.

GOD that SBR is so damned SEXY
    Yeah it needs a brake badly, but I am reluctant due to the increased length. I will get one eventually I guess....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yeah it needs a brake badly, but I am reluctant due to the increased length. I will get one eventually I guess....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What about just putting a slant compensator on it?

I really believe these will be like some of the stuff we didn't buy in the 90s (e.g., higher end Polytechs etc) maybe not as collectible as they don't have the mystique but not hugely far off. Indexed for inflation, they are not far off in price (keep in mind a Polytech was never $50, $250 to $450 was a lot in the late 80s.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I dunno... CSA/Czechpoint/whomever is still making Vz58s, so there's something of a price ceiling to how far they can really go. Maybe if they were in imminent ban territory, but that would be any gun.

I don't really regret selling my 7.62x39 Vz2008. I liked the gun - it was reliable and accurate - but I vastly prefer using AK mags for cross-gun compatibility purposes. I was also not enamored with the optics mounting options (which were either expensive or so-so). I would definitely be amenable to a 5.56x45 AR-15-mag version in the future, especially since they have side rails.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I dunno... CSA/Czechpoint/whomever is still making Vz58s, so there's something of a price ceiling to how far they can really go. Maybe if they were in imminent ban territory, but that would be any gun.

I don't really regret selling my 7.62x39 Vz2008. I liked the gun - it was reliable and accurate - but I vastly prefer using AK mags for cross-gun compatibility purposes. I was also not enamored with the optics mounting options (which were either expensive or so-so). I would definitely be amenable to a 5.56x45 AR-15-mag version in the future, especially since they have side rails.

Duffys just hooked me up with a 5.56 with side rail and mag adapter in black poly. Can pick it up in about a week. Price really was fair.

7.62x39 will come in later in the year.

Sirex