• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NitroMidgets

Apr 22, 2009
    I take it the sniper variant just has a longer barrel and a scope mount on it? Got any photos of one? Since I'm looking to use it just for the range that might be what I am after.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I don't know about a longer barrel, but they normally come with their own scope I think.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    I assume that these are like the Enfields, where the tightest shooting rifles were pulled aside for the scope mounting, but I am not sure.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I'm not sure about any stores, but you can normally find a good amount at gun shows. I saw plenty at the show in Chantilly last weekend, but there won't be one of those until July. You could try the next show in Frederick whenever that is.

NitroMidgets

Apr 22, 2009
    That would be in June then. Too bad I wanted to get one next month but what the hell its only an extra month. Anything I should be aware of when buying one? Are scope mounts easy to find for one? My son has been asking all week if he can start using my 17 HMR which leaves me without a range gun.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I'm not sure about any stores, but you can normally find a good amount at gun shows. I saw plenty at the show in Chantilly last weekend, but there won't be one of those until July. You could try the next show in Frederick whenever that is.

Plus, that way you get your pick of them. I bought my Yugo at Walt's Gun Chamber before they went out of business, and the variety in what kind of shape they were in was large.

The Yugo's can be a good deal for a shooter, because a lot of them were not used very much before they were stored, so the bores are nice.

NitroMidgets

Apr 22, 2009
    What's a fair price right now for one in good to great condition at the gun shows? I need to know how much money to have on hand.

NitroMidgets

Apr 22, 2009
    Well I'm sure there will be enough to go around. I'm not buying until June at the gun show in Frederick anyways. Then again if I get the cash for a Saiga by then..........

DundalkSmithy

May 12, 2009
    Dundalk, MD
    Try this one on for size.:evilgrin3

K98001-1.jpg

Oh and the K after the 98 is Kurtz, short in german.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom