• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    We come from all walks of life with 24% of Americans self identifying as firearm owners and 37% or more saying there is a firearm in the home. I'm proud to walk with my brothers and sisters in camo as I am to be with those in 'business casual' on Feb 4 in support of our 2A rights.

Nice percentages. Meanwhile, 1% of Maryland's population bought a hunting license last year. Somewhere around 70,000. Let's assume that another 70,000 of landowners and their children hunted on their own land and did not need a hunting license. That now gets us to 2% and I think that might be one heck of a stretch.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You know what, tell them to come with whatever they feel like wearing. I want to see how many "country" folk actually make the trip from western and eastern Maryland. Then again, all their reps are probably pro 2nd AMendment. It is the reps in central Maryland that need the most convincing. If I had to guess, Montgomery county, PG county, Baltimore City and parts of Howard county, Baltimore County, and Anne Arundel county are the problem areas. There, we have people that are scared to put NRA stickers on their cars. In the other areas, we have people that are scared to show up in Annapolis.

I really should start a clinic that deals specifically with Battered Gun Owners Syndrome. It would probably be pretty lucrative.

The gun community - So united that it cannot even agree on a dress code to attend Annapolis.

no one i was speaking of is scared of going to assopolis but now i understand why with talk like that and the dress code and all that the older folks and real rednecks down here dont associate with city folks up there. its a shame, alienating real country folk and hunters cant help he cause. i now see their points and understand what they are saying. and we down here are not battered gun owners, quite the opposite. yall have fun.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You know Lincoln was a redneck. The single greatest statesman this nation ever produced.. if I had the height would come as Lincoln. Then there is Sgt. York. Tennessean I think. Croket David... Bowie.... I will stand with these folks..

Bring me your rednecks.. I will stand with them...

And maybe, just maybe, its the cityboy that will look out of place..
    We could do worse.... than Lincoln....

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Nah, I say hang your deer from the tree in the front yard in a condo development. Preferably one on community property and process it there. I hunt a 230 acre farm in Washington County and we hang 4 or 5 deer up during deer season in the barn and process them out there. My buddy that lives in Potomac hangs his in a large shed in his backyard.

Simply put, there is a time and place for everything. Kind of like coming to court for DNR violations wearing camo and covered in blood and guts. Probably not going to win you any bonus points with the judge.

I'm a country type of guy. Sure my clients would understand me coming to court in camo and covered in blood and guts. Just have to get that morning waterfowl hunt in when the time is right.

I am sure there are all walks of life within the gun community. I say we elect a few of the least intelligent ones to represent us in Annapolis. We want that segment to be represented too now don't we. Ah, we need a couple of radical lunatics thrown in there too. Want to make sure the entire walk of life in the 2nd Amendment community is covered.

Damn, just came up with a brilliant idea, bring a deer carcass down to Lawyer's Mall on February 4th and let's process it there together. I'll bring the knives and can even lend you an extremely large cooler. Let's show those people in Annapolis what us country folk are really like. Damn, bow season ends on January 31, or we could have brought a carcass with guts and all. Show the masses how a deer is gutted, leave the pile in the middle of Lawyer's Mall.

Is my point getting across yet? Time and place for everything. IF the antis see us as well dressed, intelligent people, that look like we are actually higher up in society than mere peons, they might start thinking twice about opposing us.

Think I already said this too. I don't equate well dressed, driving an expensive car, owning a big house, with wealthy, but that doesn't mean the masses don't see it that way.

I love a healthy dose of sarcasm. Thank you.

Now the only question is do I wear camo and come empty handed or wear a suit and bring the aged carcass that resides in a bag on my deck.

Are olive colored Carhartt coats OK or too low brow? I don't want to give the Left any ammunition for dressing warmly.

I thought the whole idea was to get a huge turn out of like-minded gun freaks. Like Brooklyn said: 80,000 on Lawyers Mall.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    no one i was speaking of is scared of going to assopolis but now i understand why with talk like that and the dress code and all that the older folks and real rednecks down here dont associate with city folks up there. its a shame, alienating real country folk and hunters cant help he cause. i now see their points and understand what they are saying. and we down here are not battered gun owners, quite the opposite. yall have fun.

You are choosing to prove the antis are right

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I love a healthy dose of sarcasm. Thank you.

Now the only question is do I wear camo and come empty handed or wear a suit and bring the aged carcass that resides in a bag on my deck.

Are olive colored Carhartt coats OK or too low brow? I don't want to give the Left any ammunition for dressing warmly.

I thought the whole idea was to get a huge turn out of like-minded gun freaks. Like Brooklyn said: 80,000 on Lawyers Mall.

This Brooklyn kid is coming in 511 's. with a sport coat... no tie. Boots for the weather and Carhartt coat. The coat and 511's will be black not Camo.. my ball cap will be a tribute to 9-11.

I am a redneck with bad taste ;) come anyway you can just ask if camo is the right camo... so to speak...

I may even have a don't tread on me pin on my lapel....

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You are choosing to prove the antis are right

folks down here dont see it that way. i understand the old folks down here now. we need to keep to our own. i know what they mean by that now. we are not wanted up there by the antis or the city folk. i understand.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    We have to become more public. I have. But slow steady and most important polite. That's a challenge when they deficate out of the wrong end..;)

In truth surprise is the best reaction.. it forces then to rethink.. at least those who still can..

The good news is that many even most still can...

We are making progress.

After the 2014 Opening Session, I had the pleasure of having lunch with a couple of actual rocket scientists who are very active here. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they introduce themselves to the most rabid anti-2A legislator and the contradiction of that legislators stereotyping or profiling smacks them in the forehead.

The tide is turning - slowly, but turning.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    This post added something to the discussion. Exactly what, I am still trying to figure out. Pretty much the same big words you used from last night, so not much thinking even there. Must be taxing to come up with new big words.

My post added more than you will ever know, Your hubris and lack of humility never cease to amaze me. No matter their socioeconomic status, A persons value is not measured by their clothing. If the colonialists had afforded the same attitude when preparing to throw off the boot of England, I dare say we would still be flying the union jack and saying god save the king. Freedom from oppressive government comes from the rise of the peons as you called them. When the very people who afford you the luxury of all your expensive toys say no more no more! Give me the august wisdom of a "redneck" any day over the party line prose shouting mouth piece of a corrupt system, no matter his dress.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    folks down here dont see it that way. i understand the old folks down here now. we need to keep to our own. i know what they mean by that now. we are not wanted up there by the antis or the city folk. i understand.

Bull... come and meet me. Then you will see that NYC is full of ' city rednecks'. Really.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Your response says you do not understand, it says you think you can keep your toys and your toy box ... such is not the case within the boundaries of the state

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Your response says you do not understand, it says you think you can keep your toys and your toy box ... such is not the case within the boundaries of the state

a smart man may well have his toy box outside the boundaries of this state already, in case things dont go well here. i do understand.

i also understand folks down here better now.

i will continue to do all i can to help defend our rights here but as a community we are very separated. its a shame.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    fabsroman;297753 Is my point getting across yet? Time and place for everything. IF the antis see us as well dressed said:
    Peons ???? Are you kidding me. And yes you do equate all the above with everything in your life. All you seem to post is where you have been, What you own and how its the Cadillac and how you are going to upgrade it with the Rolls Royce of whatever it is you are talking about. You Sir are a Pompous Ass.
    Now I have to go outside and kick my F350 Dually Crew Cab 8 ft bed 7.3 Diesel in the bumper because no matter what tires I put on it, It will just not drive through 3 ft of snow.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The problem isn't so much the dress code as it is those who berate anyone who is not one of the "I wear a suit and tie every day so I'm better than you crowd". I have news for those people, you are not! The rhetoric these people use is insulting to a huge part of society that are VERY pro 2A.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    a smart man may well have his toy box outside the boundaries of this state already, in case things dont go well here. i do understand.

i also understand folks down here better now.

i will continue to do all i can to help defend our rights here but as a community we are very separated. its a shame.

time out

The entire point of 2ATuesday is nothing more than uniting gun owners across the state... regardless of why they own them... under a tent which allows us to speak as Marylanders, in opposition to the anti 2A stance of the state government.

how can we possibly succeed, if we are bickering over silly things that show divisions in the ranks?

I have no issue with what ever 'affinity' groups taking their time and effort to lobby the GA for their cause. I encourage it. Make noise, make a difference.

But for Feb 4, we have to show unity. We have a standard we have requested, and I ask folks understand the ramifications.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You know Lincoln was a redneck. The single greatest statesman this nation ever produced.. if I had the height would come as Lincoln. Then there is Sgt. York. Tennessean I think. Croket David... Bowie.... I will stand with these folks..

Bring me your rednecks.. I will stand with them...

And maybe, just maybe, its the cityboy that will look out of place..
    We could do worse.... than Lincoln....

Lincoln the GREATEST? Surely you jest.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Everytime I tell someone I live in Ijamsville they automatically assume I live in the Whiskey Creek community. All because I wear a nice suit every day.

Then they see my beat up jeep and realize I am a closet redneck. I have learned to embrace the image. Let's face it...rednecks just take care of business.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Peons ???? Are you kidding me. And yes you do equate all the above with everything in your life. All you seem to post is where you have been, What you own and how its the Cadillac and how you are going to upgrade it with the Rolls Royce of whatever it is you are talking about. You Sir are a Pompous Ass.
    Now I have to go outside and kick my F350 Dually Crew Cab 8 ft bed 7.3 Diesel in the bumper because no matter what tires I put on it, It will just not drive through 3 ft of snow.

Mine floats on air -- that proves you are a witch ?? no that's not it ... weighs more than a duck that was it... :)

I am no peon --- but I hope to merit such a promotion someday... but I will be there and I will speak my mind -- firmly and without a trace of anger. I have a right to speak, and they have a right to ignore me -- then I have a right to respond.. The muster on 4 Feb 2014 will decide if we have a response or not. The rest is just noise...

Will we have a response in 2014? That's all this is really about.

Last edited:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    King Arthur: I am your king. Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you. King Arthur: You don't vote for kings. Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then? [Angelic music plays... ] King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king. Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. Arthur: Be quiet! Dennis the Peasant: You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Its good to be the king

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    Agree we should not divide or define ourselves by our appearances. Not important really at all. Country /city / whatever. The only issue is at these events the press just loves to portray all freedom loving people as rednecks and rubes. I am sure that is what MSI etc are concerned about.

Second, The hunting license stats in MD, my son and I were discussing, and those numbers are unbelievably low. Maybe just not enough woods up here is the reason. Certainly a lot of gun owners, it just doesn't seem to match up properly.

Also, no offense to you Brooklyn because I've broken bread with you, follow your posts to decipher their wisdom, and to me you are an first rate mensch:bowdown:, but Lincoln was a turd of the highest order. History has been WAY to kind to him. That assessment has to be have been some of your classic tongue in cheek deep sarcasm.
    Anyway see you there. Maybe Plan A will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom