• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Nice rifle, but if you are serious about it being a precision bolt gun you may want to think about removing the front sight and putting lower scope rings on it.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    How do Darkeagles compare to Sharpshooter Supplies mags?

MagazineConversion1.jpg

Well, aside from looking identical, the Darkeagle holds 10 rounds and the Sharpshooter 9 rounds. The Darkeagle has a coil spring and the Sharpshooter a leaf spring. And the Darkeagle costs $95 whereas the Sharpshooter costs $90.

This is all informational, I have not personally seen one of the Sharpshooter mags.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    It is the boyds tacticool but I made the lower but stock grip bigger

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I was looking at this stock and got an awesome offer from Brad that I couldn't turn down. Ill should be post in pics later this evening of my first range trip with my new rifle.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Even though the stock on mine isnt the prettiest its got aluminum bedding so unless I find a killer deal somewhere I prob wont switch for a while even though I like the tacticool stocks. The aluminum bedding is too big of a positive.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Even though the stock on mine isnt the prettiest its got aluminum bedding so unless I find a killer deal somewhere I prob wont switch for a while even though I like the tacticool stocks. The aluminum bedding is too big of a positive.

The aluminum V-block bedding and Savages tend to go real well together.

*It's easy to get past the look of the stock when the rifle shoots so well in it. ;)

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    So I just joined the LR club in the civvie sector (Shot the M40A5 a bit, but mostly used the M14 DMR as a DM).

I picked up a R700 Tactical SPS in .308. Ideally I want to put a McMillan A5 stock on it with the DBM set up. at the moment I've got a PA 4-14x44 FFP Mildot scope w/ resettable turrets on her (mostly for hunting under 4-500 yds) and well Mildot cause thats what I know. I've got a Harris 9-13 notched bipod, 0MOA Base and mid-rise rings. I eventually want to shoot some of these long distance ranges ya'll are talking about,

Once I get home I'll get a pic up for ya'll to see my before model.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    My humble yet effective submission.

Savage Hog Hunter in .308 wearing a Choate Stock, EGW 20 MOA base, and a Bushnell Elite 3200 10X scope.

20140322_211633_zps8419f5f7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    20140322_211651_zpscbc9dc22.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    So far great unfortunately while I was loading a new batch of ammo I noticed my dies had a gouge in them that was tearing up my brass. Took me a week to get RCBS hoping they fix them quickly.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Originally a 700 SPS Varmint in .308, was in a B&C stock with a Millett TRS-1 but then I got a Nightforce ATACR and could not get eye relief and B&C does not offer LOP extenders that would get it even close so........

Add a Manners T-6A to get the LOP to 15 inches. Other greeblies are Valdata 20 MOA rail, Atlas bipod, Tac-Ops bolt knob and Badger M5 bottom metal. I may add another 1/2 inch spacer to the stock.

Sticky type bull used to zero then shoot a 25 shot group with handloads. The two edge shots (you can see the cuts), three shots upper right and three under the quarter are Hornady Steelmatch used to get initial zero. Got bored with groups and started just shooting pasters. 100 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpg
      IMG_1364.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 761
    • IMG_1368.jpg
      IMG_1368.jpg
      117.3 KB · Views: 746
    • IMG_1365.jpg
      IMG_1365.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 760

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I've been meaning to post this gun up for a while, but never got around to taking the pictures until last night... when I took the pictures for a person who may be taking it off my hands in a trade. Glass is an older Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50... which has really grown on me. The mil dots are calibrated at 12x, but you can still use them at 6x and 24x by halving or doubling the reading in your head. It's a nice setup for a beginner like me since not much needed to be changed from the factory to make real accurate gun.

7yjude3y.jpg

e7ypyse7.jpg

qasageqa.jpg

e9yregyn.jpg

3e9edave.jpg

a4y2esu9.jpg

ra9yqyta.jpg

ebujypa8.jpg

uha7y2e6.jpg

5usabyty.jpg

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Here's my humble contribution:

Savage 10 P-SR 5R
    Darkeagle Custom 10 round mag
    Darkeagle Custom extended mag release
    Black River Tactical Covert linear compensator
    EGW 0MOA rail
    Caldwell Pivot bipod

Due to some financial uncertainty (wife losing her job) I am holding off buying the glass I want and just slapped on a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12 and cheap Vortex rings I had for another project.

I am very impressed with the Darkeagle products. The magazine functions beautifully and was well worth the wait and the mag release works great. Not to mention Dan is a great guy with which to deal.

Finally got this baby to Hap Baker this morning. Being new to bolt actions, it took me a bit to get a feel for her. Once we got the pleasantries out of the way and I got it sighted in I think I fell in love! I concentrated on breathing and a steady trigger pull and I shot MUCH better than I had anticipated. I used Prvi Partizan to start and sight in and switched to Atomic 175gr to see what I could do. Once I was comfortable, I managed this group:

I'll take a .6" group on my first outing! I think I have a problem... I enjoyed slow, calculated, accurate shooting much more than shooting my semi-auto rifles. Hardly even warmed up the AR today. :D

Oh, and the Darkeagle mag functioned flawlessly. The whole rifle/setup was great (to me, at least). My only gripe is the very least little creep in the trigger... Maybe 1/16" before the break. Once I got a feel for it, I could adjust for it.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Shot this 3 round group yesterday at the Indian River County Public Shooting Range in Sebastian, FL. 100 yards, no wind, same hole. 168 grain FGMM. Best group I've ever shot... Ever.

I need to bring it up a minute, but I'm very excited about how this new rifle/stock combo is performing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      42.8 KB · Views: 924

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads