• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    Hydro dipped - wow that's a great work. I was wondering how a vinyl wrap would hold up. Great skills.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Thanks! It was hydro-dipped by a friend of mine

just FYI, hydro dipping, unlike diamonds, isn't forever. ;)

pard has a SBEII that's hydro-dipped in multicam. he's put it through SERIOUS shit, mind you, but it is showing wear on the forearm, tip of the barrel (from sitting muzzle-up against a blind wall waiting for birds to fly in), grip, and cheek weld area. like i said, he's put it through MAJOR use to get to that point, so unless you plan on using that as a primary daily-use gun for months at a time, i wouldn't worry too much. just be aware is all. looks lovely, regardless. :thumbsup:

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Took a break from bringing in wood this afternoon and decided to grab a snow pic.

5Bf6DJql.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not mine but when one barrel isnt enough! Wonder if this could be declared mechanically distinct from an AR

P1030584.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

hows that promag 42 rnder treated you? I've heard mixed reviews. People that have had problems that cut out the back a little to match the pmags, and even relieved a little off the front lip seemed to have fixed them. Mine's been good so far through a couple mag-fulls, but I'm not ready to trust it like I would a pmag 40 yet.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    hows that promag 42 rnder treated you? I've heard mixed reviews. People that have had problems that cut out the back a little to match the pmags, and even relieved a little off the front lip seemed to have fixed them. Mine's been good so far through a couple mag-fulls, but I'm not ready to trust it like I would a pmag 40 yet.

Sorry don't own any Promags, this is a Magpul 40.....

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    New member of the family

Just finished building this beauty tonight. Not sure of all the particulars as a friend ordered all the parts for me but here are some: Aero Precision lower, CMMG LPK, Satern Wylde SS Barrel, and the rest of the parts are service rifle match spec. Need to get a service rifle carry handle/rear sight though. And I am using a lightened GI single stage trigger, pull is ~5lbs now. Doing some dry firing and I already love it, going to sight it in on Saturday will report back.

Attachments

• IMG_20140122_221831.jpg
      IMG_20140122_221831.jpg
      93.9 KB · Views: 610

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads