Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      87.5 KB · Views: 655

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Too short to SBR (as currently interpreted), at least without without bastardizing it.

Really well put together pistol though.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Looks like a standard length gas system. That plus a Geneva Convention length stock should give around 29" OAL.

I just meant SBR’ing it with a triangle or poly folder (or traditional underfolder) usually comes up slightly short (~28” or so).

But you’re definitely right, you can find a stock or pin/weld a barrel extension to get you to 29”.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I just meant SBR’ing it with a triangle or poly folder (or traditional underfolder) usually comes up slightly short (~28” or so).

But you’re definitely right, you can find a stock or pin/weld a barrel extension to get you to 29”.

Geneva Convention stocks are pretty common, and IIRC, there were some triangle folders that are GC length, because they were marketed to the US. I'll see if I can find an example.

ETA: One thing to keep in mind, (Logically) you can't put a flash hider on a Post-October SBR with a folding stock... You're illegally configuring it into a copycat, or something like that -- if you follow the logic of the 29"-rule.

Feb 28, 2013

So the state is taking the same stance as the feds regarding barrel length? Muzzle devices have to be pinned and welded to satisfy MD's OAL?

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Geneva Convention stocks are pretty common, and IIRC, there were some triangle folders that are GC length, because they were marketed to the US. I'll see if I can find an example.

I think I muddied the waters by saying bastardized. That just meant “other than underfolder or Warsaw length side folder”.

Yep, several stock options (NATO length stocks, buttpads, AR buffer tube/stock, etc) which can be used. They just look a little odd to me but there’s nothing wrong with them.

ETA: One thing to keep in mind, (Logically) you can't put a flash hider on a Post-October SBR with a folding stock... You're illegally configuring it into a copycat, or something like that -- if you follow the logic of the 29"-rule.

True that’d be a copycat. If that was in reply to my mentioning a barrel extension as an OAL fix, it’s really just a tube with no FH capability. Appreciate the reminder though. :thumbsup:

So the state is taking the same stance as the feds regarding barrel length? Muzzle devices have to be pinned and welded to satisfy MD's OAL?

Yessir, MSP uses ATF’s standard.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

That gun is way to cool for that stupid brace....I hope Andy wins so you can add a triangle stock and make that little beauty the Bella of the ball again :)

I know I know ts the best and easiest current option.....not knocking your choice, just upset knowing what it could!!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    That gun is way to cool for that stupid brace....I hope Andy wins so you can add a triangle stock and make that little beauty the Bella of the ball again :)

I know I know ts the best and easiest current option.....not knocking your choice, just upset knowing what it could!!

I totally agree. I may break down and SBR this bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom