• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I'm really on the fence about signing up for this. It's not full? The website let me get add a ticket to my cart and get to checkout...

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Just not sure if I want to go that's all, spend a whole Saturday afternoon there.

Website works fine. I was saying it's not full.

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I'm really on the fence about signing up for this. It's not full? The website let me get add a ticket to my cart and get to checkout...

Hey there, Xshot, I'm the fellow putting on the Law of Self Defense Seminars this weekend. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Obviously, only you can decide how you want to spend your day. Most people who attend our seminars tell me it's among the best 5 hours they've ever spent--and that includes law enforcement, lawyers, even judges.

This weekend's seminars are also a bit unusual in that we're covering the self-defense laws of three jurisdictions--MD, VA and DC. Most seminars are specific to one state. So it's a three-fer. :-)

Perhaps it would help you decide if you took a look at our many free video lectures on our Youtube channel? The weekend seminar is similar in style, but of course much more detailed, and specific to the jurisdictions covered. You can see those free videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/lawofselfdefense

In any case, if you decide not to make it this weekend, I'm sure I'll be back. Probably in 2017 sometime.

--Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I forgot to mention, you can see lots of reviews of the seminars (and our book, online courses, etc.) here:

http://lawofselfdefense.com/seminars/#testimonials

Amongst those are testimonials by Mas Ayoob, Dave Spaulding, and other notables.

Also, this seems to be our most popular video, it's an interview of me by (of all things) German N24 TV News at their DC studio. It's not state-specific, of course, but should give you a sense of the tone and breadth of the seminar. Except the seminars are more fun, as it's a room full of pro-2A people. :-)

N24 Interview: http://youtu.be/sq-dusXrYV0?list=PLcckCQsJdOLpglgSiAHoufOlEbzrD2zaB

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I dont know how much time the ageda allows for lunch but there *WILL* be lunch available on-site: hotdogs w/ chili, chips, coleslaw, etc. The hotdogs will be $2 each, everything for a $1. Drinks/water from the soda machine for $1 each.

I'm planning to allow a half-hour for lunch, which I'll get as close to Noon-12:30pm as I can.

There will also be several 5 minute breaks through the seminar, roughly hourly.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I'm planning to allow a half-hour for lunch, which I'll get as close to Noon-12:30pm as I can.

There will also be several 5 minute breaks through the seminar, roughly hourly.

Perfect, thanks! Safe travels, & I look forward to meeting you Saturday.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    OK, I've reconfigured the classroom to make a little extra space and keep it comfortable and intimate.

It appears as if we will have over 40 attendees.

If you carry a firearm for self defense in your home, business or out in public in MD, DC or Virginia...

I do not know how you can miss this course. Same goes if you are instructor. You owe your students a firm awareness of the legal issues, and up to date information..

Register up until midnight tonight at http://www.lawofselfdefense.com

See the rest of you instructors, attorneys and responsible citizens tomorrow.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    No, but your experienced instructor has arranged for a generator just in case of a power outage, and snickers bars in case MDeng turns into a diva.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    If you're coming to this class today & are joining us for lunch, please bring $1 bills to help out with the change situation. (Despite what he'd prefer, these are not to slip into Cypher's, uh, "costume" as tips. )

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    If you're coming to this class today & are joining us for lunch, please bring $1 bills to help out with the change situation. (Despite what he'd prefer, these are not to slip into Cypher's, uh, "costume" as tips. )

And $20s if you are contemplating purchasing a copy of "The Law of Self Defense, 2nd Edition" on site. :-)

These are not just great books (Amazon best-seller!), they are also bullet proof.

(If you have enough of them, quantity required a function of incoming caliber.)

See you all in a couple of hours. :-)

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Full house. Excited to begin.
    953188c65058a549ce3f0b3b8476ee42.jpg

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Outstanding course today. Thanks to CypherPunk, TTMD, Ben K, Alex with the NRA, and others who helped host Andrew Branca at the Frederick Chapter of the IWLA.

Nicely structured information on the elements of a justifiable self-defense in MD, DC, and VA area presented by Branca - eyeopening to me. Branca is disciplined and keeps on schedule while conveying an abundance of information in lay terms and with useful examples and anecdotes. Even if encouraged to focus on the lecture and minimize transcribing information, I took copious notes and will be ordering slide printouts. With an appropriate time interval, I also will take the class when offered again in the future to reinforce lessons learned. The discount that Branca floats returning attendees also makes this a no brainer. While sitting in the course, I realized that my wife would also not only benefit from material being presented, but would enjoy the overall perspective provided by an experienced defense attorney discussing defensive shootings. I think that I would bring her and possibly my oldest son (depending on whether there is an age cut off - great perspective for him as he likes all things law related currently - and Branca is an engaging lecturer) when possible at a future date.

Swinokur, Mark75H, MDeng, and Brooklyn - pleasure chatting with you all today. :thumbsup:

extski

Aug 6, 2009
    Pasadena
    Outstanding course today. Thanks to CypherPunk, TTMD, Ben K, Alex with the NRA, and others who helped host Andrew Branca at the Frederick Chapter of the IWLA.

Nicely structured information on the elements of a justifiable self-defense in MD, DC, and VA area presented by Branca - eyeopening to me. Branca is disciplined and keeps on schedule while conveying an abundance of information in lay terms and with useful examples and anecdotes. ... :thumbsup:

+1 Was a great course, and HIGHLY recommend it. I ordered two books (one for me, and one for my dad), and also ordering the Amazon copy to keep in Kindle so I always have it with me on my phone to read from time to time if waiting in doctor's office, etc. Thanks!!!! :party29:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I will echo the other posts. If you are carrying or intend to carry a firearm, especially in MD, DC or VA, this course should be mandatory. Great presentation, in plain layman's terms, great teaching aids,ie. powerpoints, etc. The relevant points are easy to remember and could mean the difference between financial ruin, incarceration and personal disaster. The Frederick IWLA chapter is a very nice facility with ample parking. Thanks to TT MD for the good chow as well

well done Cypherpunk and crew !!!

Grade A
    Amenities A

Overall swinokur rating A

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads