• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Hmm. Not to be critical, but I'm not sure I like the fit of the holster on your model 10. It looks like the trigger is not completely covered.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Hmm. Not to be critical, but I'm not sure I like the fit of the holster on your model 10. It looks like the trigger is not completely covered.

While the trigger is not completely covered, it does take a considerable amount of effort, dexterity and ingenuity to operate the trigger while in the holster. I have done a LOT of experimentation to see if the trigger can be accidentally or purposefully operated while in holster.

The only way I can get the trigger to operate is to holster the revolver with the hammer back/cocked. Of course, I am not carrying a DA revolver cocked. Additionally, with the positioning of the holster on the strong side, or cross draw, I would notice if someone were trying to access the revolver. Retention on the gun is quite strong, situational awareness is high, and you would have to be VERY up close and personal to get a hand on the revolver.

Additionally, when the first pics were taken, the revolver was sitting a little high in the holster. After becoming a little more acclimated to it, I have gotten the revolver to sit a little lower in the holster, concealing the trigger a bit more, albeit not completely.

I think of the holster as a modified "Threepersons". If you aren't familiar with a Tom Threepersons holster, or the Threepersons style, the trigger is completely exposed. I am not a fan of those holsters for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom