• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I just wear this shirt and it tells everyone all they need to know.
    I-Am-Carrying-A-Gun-I-Am-Also-Insane-T-Shirt.jpg

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    My wife and I both carry as does our son--we have some extended family in different states that know but they all carry as well. Nobody talks about it in the open around other family members unless we are alone amongst the carry crowd. Colleagues at work (back in the day) pretty much all knew because we talked about firearms issues openly in the office, even with known or likely opponents in the mix. Now, we couldn't carry at work or on the installation, but when we would get together off-site we never had an issue arise between the carry and the carry nots. Perhaps as a result of the open dialogue at work...:shrug: but never an issue--not even jokes or off-hand remarks.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    My wife and I both carry as does our son--we have some extended family in different states that know but they all carry as well. Nobody talks about it in the open around other family members unless we are alone amongst the carry crowd. Colleagues at work (back in the day) pretty much all knew because we talked about firearms issues openly in the office, even with known or likely opponents in the mix. Now, we couldn't carry at work or on the installation, but when we would get together off-site we never had an issue arise between the carry and the carry nots. Perhaps as a result of the open dialogue at work...:shrug: but never an issue--not even jokes or off-hand remarks.
    Its a shame we still need to tiptoe in the shadows. People that are anti have not been conditioned to accept daily carry as a normal part of life for some lawfully armed citizens. They can continue to believe it "only the gun nuts" that carry. (Perhaps MSI should market a brand of mixed nuts called "gun nuts" :gun7: ). The issues we are experiencing and discussing in this thread would mostly go away with normalization.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Some people can’t keep their mouths shut and tell everyone who will listen that they’re packing. Smh
    I work with a person like that, and they can’t conceal work a damn. I tell this person at least once a week that their gun is showing. They also carry on an empty chamber. I’ve tried to help them with concealment tips, and carrying condition 1, but it falls on deaf ears.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My wife knows I carry whenever I leave the house as does my immediate family. I have a designated shelf high up at my in laws I can stow it in when I come over just so it's not found by anyone not familiar with safe firearms handling. Besides that no one needs to know.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Funny. Family knowing? Well bother brother out of state carry; Sister doesnt only because her state is even more anti gun than MD. My local in-laws know that I can carry since Ive encouraged them to get permit as well. As for outsiders - nope

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    I have a group of friends I get together with on a weekly basis. I therefore am well aware of their stance on 2a issues. One day one of the non 2a friendly participants asked if I had gotten my permit. I answered truthfully that I had. He asked aggressively if I was carrying now. I asked him how big his dick is. Awkward silence ensued. I then told him " you keep it in your pants and don't talk about it". He hasn't asked since.

When participating in the aforementioned get togethers, we rotate homes. One of the hosts was ambivalent about 2A, neither for nor against. At one of those meet ups I waited until we were alone. Then I said " I need to apologize to you for bringing a firearm to your house without asking if that was OK. He said "that's ok, its in the car, right? I stood up, held my arms up at shoulder height and did a runway spin. Then I lifted my shirt. He said " so long as you keep it in your pants its OK. Just don't pull it out and start shooting.

I'm fairly certain the reply (which I would have complied with) would have been different if I hadn't sat there armed with he unaware for 4 hours prior to asking. I believe his concern was not for me per se but the response of the other group members that are strongly anti. He wanted to avoid arguments.

There seems to be a belief among non 2a people that lawfully armed citizens are going to suddenly start acting violently. Violent people will be violent. Non violent people do not suddenly change their personality because they are armed.

I believe I have a responsibility to comply with the wishes of people in their own homes. I believe it's none of anybody else's business whether I'm armed or not.

The way some on here react because of that baby soft skin...I dunno.

Some people can’t keep their mouths shut and tell everyone who will listen that they’re packing. Smh
    I work with a person like that, and they can’t conceal work a damn. I tell this person at least once a week that their gun is showing. They also carry on an empty chamber. I’ve tried to help them with concealment tips, and carrying condition 1, but it falls on deaf ears.

Probably why the rest of y'all are going to lose it come October 1.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Probably why the rest of y'all are going to lose it come October 1.
    That pending law isn't a result of Marylanders talking about their carry permits. It's a petulant response to the Supreme Court pointing out that the Bill of Rights is a constraint on the government, not on us. That's the antithesis Maryland governance, and that's what they're pissed about. If a new carry permit holder is flapping their lips about it and one of their fence-sitting acquaintances suddenly tilts left over that last straw, how will that impact this state's voting demographics? Not a single, tiny bit. We're WAY past purple at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom