Sykesville Police "Gun turn in" this Saturday (12/14)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Some of you guys will get your panties in a wad over anything. Like others have said, this was clearly for people that didn't want or werent comfortable with guns. God forbid the message said " No one is allowed to turn in unwanted guns" The outcry of " don't tell me what i can do with my gun.......it's my right....etc "would have been just as loud as this thread. This is the kind of discussion that the anti's use to make us look like a bunch of nut cases to those who are neither pro or anti gun.

As one of the (possibly) least paranoid people on this forum, I disagree. You are correct that the REALITY of these buy-backs is that they attract people with rusty/ambiguously owned / borderline antique or trash guns who simply shouldn't have them around because they don't store them safely, maintain them, or know how to fire them.

However the THEORY of these buy-backs is that if the government offers enough events, with enough publicity, and offers enough money (say, the market value of any given gun), that massive voluntary disarmament will occur, and violent crime will plummet. Yes, that's seriously their plan.

Watch the news coverage of these buy-backs. Does the police officer being interviewed pick up one of the 500 rusted-solid single shot .22's to show to the reporter? No, he/she picks up the ONE modern sporting rifle and ONE Desert Eagle and ONE box of hollow points that were bought back as "evidence" that the event was getting "criminals' weapons off the street."

I don't philosophically oppose all gun buy backs, but I do oppose them when our tax money is used to organize/advertise/fund the buy back. For no other reason than it doesn't work, and they know it doesn't work.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    "We will not ask questions, we will not take personal information."

So one can just walk up, slap their firearm(s) on the table and walk away? Geez, it's real easy to turn them in isn't it?? A real passive way to disarm people.
    They should have to pay a transfer fee for every regulated weapon that they take posession of, just like we do.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Uh oh....y'all have done it now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 8.54.17 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 8.54.17 PM.png
      5 KB · Views: 153

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Why did you block out their email?

We could have sent them something simply amazing :D

Looked like a personal email. The name, however, points back to a real person in that agency.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Welcome SykesvillePolice

"SykesvillePolice has not made any friends yet" from their member info.

Do you think they would be interested in becoming an Industry Partner?

Feb 28, 2013
    Some of you guys will get your panties in a wad over anything. Like others have said, this was clearly for people that didn't want or werent comfortable with guns. God forbid the message said " No one is allowed to turn in unwanted guns" The outcry of " don't tell me what i can do with my gun.......it's my right....etc "would have been just as loud as this thread. This is the kind of discussion that the anti's use to make us look like a bunch of nut cases to those who are neither pro or anti gun.

:blah::bigwhoop:

I wonder if this newly joined member was watching this thread.:innocent0
    http://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=30200

:wave::tinfoil2:

RareBird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 11, 2013
    Welcome SykesvillePolice

"SykesvillePolice has not made any friends yet" from their member info.

Do you think they would be interested in becoming an Industry Partner?

Wonder what they'll put in the Classifieds? When they get the proper post count, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom