• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We have to make the distinction between people who are trying to ban all firearms and the folks who are unfamiliar or even afraid of them.

New member "Restaurant" had the guts to sign in here and talk to us about a fear of firearms/parts….. and not about hate for people who are Pro 2A. An invitation to a day at the range can turn a fearful citizen into a supportive voter.

I repeat my call for a Beer Summit.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I am the owner of DBS not solomons commune (he is just a customer that saw the post, and really didn't even tell me about the forum just inquired what was going on... and of course I asked where he had heard)

I am writing this because it upsets me how quick everyone is to think I did something wrong and that banning DBS and my dad's place Lenny's actually came up) I did everything right in my book and as a citizen. The sheriff and the detective did there job quickly and effectively and I thank them for responding.

I will explain the series of events and let you know upfront that I really do not know anything about guns or the gun laws.. although thanks to this forum I am more informed as I went and looked up the things that were spoke of that I didn't understand. (so something good did come out of this)

Here's how it went:

A young girl that works for me signed the package; I opened it a few hours later and was shocked at the contents.. So I triple checked the mailing labels and was puzzled how my label got over a label that was addressed to somewhere in Lusby.. the package did not have a first and last name on it just one name.. so really that meant nothing to me... I didn't know if it was done on accident or intentional.. But I know I didn't want gun parts in my possession or in the restaurant. My job is to keep me, my employees, and the customers safe and I didn't know who was on the receiving end of the package.

Now as some of you have made it sound.. I did not freak out. I put a phone call into Tim Cameron, made him aware that I received a package of parts and that I didn't want them in the building. On Saturday morning he was kind enough to come over with another detective and take the package and get to the bottom of it. He really didn't have the package long. Now mind you I am still nervous; I now have to tell who ever was on the other end of that package that I didn't have it! And yes I watch the news...It is a fact that people out there do bad things and have no business possessing any type of fire arm, so I have taken that into account... just to play both sides out; I didn't want to be caught blind sided.

I headed into DB's about noon on Saturday, and to my surprise when I walk in the guy is there for his package.. so I put down my things.. stall him for a minute and luckily enough the detective and Tim Cameron are still in the area. They come over, talk to the gentleman confirm that he seems like a stand up guy, let him know that they just want to verify what he said and they will get him his stuff ASAP.. which they did. Can you imagine the Sh*t they would have gotten had it not been legit and they just handed the stuff over without confirming.. It seems that many individuals in here didn't think both sides out; they just jump to conclusions.

If I had to speculate: At some point the parts owner decided to have his stuff shipped to the PO Box at the shipping store.. if there was no suite number or PO Box number.. then when you look up 23415 Three notch Road.. DB's is what comes up... so I can only assume maybe that's how I ended up with it. I also am not going to call some guy and ask him to come get his 10 large kinda scary (to someone who know nothing) gun parts. Again I did not know who would show up and if it was sent to me to hide the real persons identity.

Now the guy who did show up seems very nice, I am sorry he had to go through this, the only reason I joined the forum was so I could send him a PM and apologize for the inconvenience and make good with him. Which we did back on like page 7 of this forum!

I am an awesome person and I try to be responsible and I care about my business and the people that come in.

So for those of you who could see both sides of this I thank you! I am sorry to Solomons Commune that people attacked you.. I should not have used you as a reference and thought that was private information??

I am offering people of MdShooter.com 10% off (normal stipulation apply.. not valid with other offers etc..) because some of you seem like great people.. to the guys who want to ban me.. you should come in and have a conversation with me instead. This should have ended when the Gun Parts Owner said he was good and everything worked out.

I agree totally and was VERY surprised that it kept going. I don't live in or near your area but if I am ever down that way I will definitely stop in. You sound like a stand up guy and one who does as anyone else would do in the same situation, look out for your business and employee's. Kudo's to you also for coming on and setting the record straight. Your okay by me.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    I happen to know the restaurant owner personally and I think a lot of you jumping to conclusions here would be surprised at how laid back/cool/and personable he/she really is. I will continue to frequent this establishment. People freaking out like DB's did anything out of the ordinary, or anything any other business owner would do are out of their minds. Back off the ledge a little.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Dear Restaurant, I don't believe that the world at large is angry that you called the Sheriffs Dept, Its very understandable. The problem that most people have is the rightful owner proved to the Sheriff and was not given his property. And as far as Solomons goes, The boy lied, He will never have any credibility here ever with most of the membership IMHO.
    The question I ask you is if you were afraid to call the phone number on the box and tell the person who answers that you have there parts, Why is it that you own a business that allows maybe hundreds of people in it every day that you don't know the moral character of hardly any of them ?. I would think you would be scared of scary people everyday.
    All this is just my own opinion. Good day

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I am the owner of DBS not solomons commune (he is just a customer that saw the post, and really didn't even tell me about the forum just inquired what was going on... and of course I asked where he had heard)

I am writing this because it upsets me how quick everyone is to think I did something wrong and that banning DBS and my dad's place Lenny's actually came up) I did everything right in my book and as a citizen. The sheriff and the detective did there job quickly and effectively and I thank them for responding.

I will explain the series of events and let you know upfront that I really do not know anything about guns or the gun laws.. although thanks to this forum I am more informed as I went and looked up the things that were spoke of that I didn't understand. (so something good did come out of this)

Here's how it went:

A young girl that works for me signed the package; I opened it a few hours later and was shocked at the contents.. So I triple checked the mailing labels and was puzzled how my label got over a label that was addressed to somewhere in Lusby.. the package did not have a first and last name on it just one name.. so really that meant nothing to me... I didn't know if it was done on accident or intentional.. But I know I didn't want gun parts in my possession or in the restaurant. My job is to keep me, my employees, and the customers safe and I didn't know who was on the receiving end of the package.

Now as some of you have made it sound.. I did not freak out. I put a phone call into Tim Cameron, made him aware that I received a package of parts and that I didn't want them in the building. On Saturday morning he was kind enough to come over with another detective and take the package and get to the bottom of it. He really didn't have the package long. Now mind you I am still nervous; I now have to tell who ever was on the other end of that package that I didn't have it! And yes I watch the news...It is a fact that people out there do bad things and have no business possessing any type of fire arm, so I have taken that into account... just to play both sides out; I didn't want to be caught blind sided.

I headed into DB's about noon on Saturday, and to my surprise when I walk in the guy is there for his package.. so I put down my things.. stall him for a minute and luckily enough the detective and Tim Cameron are still in the area. They come over, talk to the gentleman confirm that he seems like a stand up guy, let him know that they just want to verify what he said and they will get him his stuff ASAP.. which they did. Can you imagine the Sh*t they would have gotten had it not been legit and they just handed the stuff over without confirming.. It seems that many individuals in here didn't think both sides out; they just jump to conclusions.

If I had to speculate: At some point the parts owner decided to have his stuff shipped to the PO Box at the shipping store.. if there was no suite number or PO Box number.. then when you look up 23415 Three notch Road.. DB's is what comes up... so I can only assume maybe that's how I ended up with it. I also am not going to call some guy and ask him to come get his 10 large kinda scary (to someone who know nothing) gun parts. Again I did not know who would show up and if it was sent to me to hide the real persons identity.

Now the guy who did show up seems very nice, I am sorry he had to go through this, the only reason I joined the forum was so I could send him a PM and apologize for the inconvenience and make good with him. Which we did back on like page 7 of this forum!

I am an awesome person and I try to be responsible and I care about my business and the people that come in.

So for those of you who could see both sides of this I thank you! I am sorry to Solomons Commune that people attacked you.. I should not have used you as a reference and thought that was private information??

I am offering people of MdShooter.com 10% off (normal stipulation apply.. not valid with other offers etc..) because some of you seem like great people.. to the guys who want to ban me.. you should come in and have a conversation with me instead. This should have ended when the Gun Parts Owner said he was good and everything worked out.

I don't blame you one bit for what you did. I feel you did the right thing by calling the police. Too many reports of "criminal types" mailing, FedExing, UPSing, illegal packages to other addresses and then intercepting or stealing the packages before businesses open or people getting home. Even if you were highly educated on firearms how were you to know these completed rifle barrels (uppers to you and me) were going into the hands of a legitimate person. You have no way of knowing if the "intended" person can pass a NICS or other MSP background check. Yeah, I myself know you don't need to pass a check for an upper but sooner or later that upper is going to go on a lower.

So, If I ever find my way down in your area and your restaurant, no need to give me a discount for doing the right thing.

As for the Sheriffs department, I don't know, I wasn't there and there are way too many "opinions" here to know what really went on with them.

Thumbs up to DB's. Flame away!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Here's how it went:

What do you do whenever UPS/FEDEX mis-delivers other packages?

Did you follow the same protocol?

Does it bother you, that any of your customers could have firearms in their vehicles legally?

HUMONGO

Jan 23, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    "Restaurant" strikes me as a hopolophobe with an irrational fear of firearms. I understand that not everyone has an intricate knowledge of firearms, but I think he/she could benefit from one of you SoMD boys taking them to the range for some friendly instruction.

I'm not saying that they acted irrationally, just that their response here struck me as odd.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    "Restaurant" strikes me as a hopolophobe with an irrational fear of firearms. I understand that not everyone has an intricate knowledge of firearms, but I think he/she could benefit from one of you SoMD boys taking them to the range for some friendly instruction.

I'm not saying that they acted irrationally, just that their response here struck me as odd.

deMontjoie, sign her up for the next Women on Target

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I fail to see how I was wrong in thinking that the police should use caution to ensure the rightful owner gets their property. The sheer fact that you ASSUME that the sheriff was looking for a criminal charge is asinine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    In this State and these days and times I can understand what Restaurant did and why they did it. For this to be resolved in under 48hrs is amazing as far as I can tell. The OP freaked out some due to a previous problem he had and a miss-delivery of "Scarry Black Rifle's" to a restaurant rightfully raised concern in the business owner as who had any idea who was going to pick up the delivery. If any of us get involved in a police matter we would be overjoyed to have it cleaned up, correctly, in less than 48 hrs. It's time to put this to bed and spend our energy in the right direction.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County

Posting in an epic out-of-control thread.

Somehow, I kinda wish Restaurant hadn't told his side so reasonably and well and the OP hadn't gotten his property back and was ALSO ok with the situation as resolved. 'Cuz there's never enough drama on forums! ;)

Seriously, it's all worked out and for the good.

I'm in Lusby about once/month for greyhound adoption related activities. If I do not have a canine companion for the trip back home, maybe I'll stop in and sample the fare sometime.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Unfortunately, in this state with stupid gun laws, and a governor and attorney general who are clearly anti-gun, it is entirely rational for a business owner to call the police rather than risk possibly committing a crime. The business owner didn't know what he had, so he did the safe thing. From there, it went the way one would expect. I've seen people post on other gun forums advising to tell fedex that that are shipping "sporting goods" when shipping firearms to avoid the overnight shipping expenses. So, it's completely reasonable to do what the restaurant owner did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    can you explain or make a citation? What other evidence of ownership is usually/customarily found or used? Answer when you have time, I can wait.

Verification from the shipper that it is indeed legit? It's not hard for someone to fabricate a false shipping invoice. Also what kind of time frame are we talking about here? A few hours? A day? I may have missed the part where the OP said how long it took from delivery to the sheriffs involvement, then for the OP to recover his items.

In this day and age it's better to play it safe when it comes to firearms and parts as such which are very expensive. Minus the inconvenience wouldn't you want someone to verify that your very expensive items were given to YOU? If the police had just said "F@ck it", and gave the parts to the wrong person, then everyone would be calling it fast and furious on a local level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restaurant

Feb 1, 2014
    What do you do whenever UPS/FEDEX mis-delivers other packages?

Did you follow the same protocol?

Does it bother you, that any of your customers could have firearms in their vehicles legally?

The package was not addressed incorrectly. My address was covering up a label that was addressed to Lusby? There was not a first and last name on the box just a name and phone number that was not local. I don't care if customers have firearm in their vehicles legally, I have plenty of family members that have concealed weapons permits.

As for a day at the range I will try to make a hole in my schedule.. and if you decide on a "beer summit" be it 2 or 10 people and I am not there.. have the manager on duty give me a call. I'd love to come up for a few!

And please solomons commune is a great stand up person from everything I've read (not sure were the lie part came from)

Dana

Restaurant

Feb 1, 2014
    Posting in an epic out-of-control thread.

Somehow, I kinda wish Restaurant hadn't told his side so reasonably and well and the OP hadn't gotten his property back and was ALSO ok with the situation as resolved. 'Cuz there's never enough drama on forums! ;)

Seriously, it's all worked out and for the good.

I'm in Lusby about once/month for greyhound adoption related activities. If I do not have a canine companion for the trip back home, maybe I'll stop in and sample the fare sometime.

If the weather is nice your canine friend is welcome on the patio! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom