• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Parttime

Sep 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Here's how it went:

A young girl that works for me signed the package; I opened it a few hours later and was shocked at the contents.. So I triple checked the mailing labels and was puzzled how my label got over a label that was addressed to somewhere in Lusby.. the package did not have a first and last name on it just one name.. so really that meant nothing to me... I didn't know if it was done on accident or intentional.. But I know I didn't want gun parts in my possession or in the restaurant. My job is to keep me, my employees, and the customers safe and I didn't know who was on the receiving end of the package.

Now as some of you have made it sound.. I did not freak out. I put a phone call into Tim Cameron, made him aware that I received a package of parts and that I didn't want them in the building. On Saturday morning he was kind enough to come over with another detective and take the package and get to the bottom of it. He really didn't have the package long. Now mind you I am still nervous; I now have to tell who ever was on the other end of that package that I didn't have it! And yes I watch the news...It is a fact that people out there do bad things and have no business possessing any type of fire arm, so I have taken that into account... just to play both sides out; I didn't want to be caught blind sided.

I headed into DB's about noon on Saturday, and to my surprise when I walk in the guy is there for his package.. so I put down my things.. stall him for a minute and luckily enough the detective and Tim Cameron are still in the area. They come over, talk to the gentleman confirm that he seems like a stand up guy, let him know that they just want to verify what he said and they will get him his stuff ASAP.. which they did. Can you imagine the Sh*t they would have gotten had it not been legit and they just handed the stuff over without confirming.. It seems that many individuals in here didn't think both sides out; they just jump to conclusions.

If I had to speculate: At some point the parts owner decided to have his stuff shipped to the PO Box at the shipping store.. if there was no suite number or PO Box number.. then when you look up 23415 Three notch Road.. DB's is what comes up... so I can only assume maybe that's how I ended up with it. I also am not going to call some guy and ask him to come get his 10 large kinda scary (to someone who know nothing) gun parts. Again I did not know who would show up and if it was sent to me to hide the real persons identity.

Now the guy who did show up seems very nice, I am sorry he had to go through this, the only reason I joined the forum was so I could send him a PM and apologize for the inconvenience and make good with him. Which we did back on like page 7 of this forum!

I am an awesome person and I try to be responsible and I care about my business and the people that come in.

So for those of you who could see both sides of this I thank you! I am sorry to Solomons Commune that people attacked you.. I should not have used you as a reference and thought that was private information??

I am offering people of MdShooter.com 10% off (normal stipulation apply.. not valid with other offers etc..) because some of you seem like great people.. to the guys who want to ban me.. you should come in and have a conversation with me instead. This should have ended when the Gun Parts Owner said he was good and everything worked out.

Turns out the other deputy that the OP spoke of, was in fact the actual sheriff.

something pretty crazy happened to me today which I believe was in violation of more than just my second amendment rights. I'm going to apologize ahead of time for any grammatical errors, as I'm still in shock and am posting this from my cell phone. I'll try and condense without leaving any facts out.

I'm an Active Duty Sailor and a small business owner. I sell sporting and hunting (accessories) on my off time when I'm not working on base. Today I headed over to my office to pick up a package of Spike's Tactical uppers that arrived yesterday according to my UPS tracking info. To my dismay the package wasn't there. I immediately called UPS and discovered that they were accidentally delivered to a small restaurant close by and it was signed for by a Jane Doe. So naturally I headed right over to the establishment and explained the situation. I knew something was fishy when Jane Doe, the restaurant owner had me wait outside while they "looked for the package". Shortly there after I was approached by 2 ST Mary's Sheriffs dressed in civilian attire and was questioned about the contents of the package. Knowing full well that I did nothing wrong I explained exactly what happened. They then explain to me that they didn't think that I did anything wrong but they were going to hold onto the uppers for the weekend while they figured some things out and that I should call them on Monday and see if they're ready to release them back to me. I repeatedly asked them why they were being confiscated? Knowing for 1, I didn't violate any laws, 2 the contents of the package are completely non-regulated, and 3 the package was addressed to me, the owner. I also explained to them that I just recently launched my website, am pretty spread thin financially and invested $XXXX into these uppers that I'm paying interest on as we speak.

I guess my question is what the hell should I do?

PLEASE READ ALL OF MY POSTS ON THIS THREAD. THE SITUATION WAS BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION.

Sheriff didn't know what he was dealing with or the fact that the uppers were legal.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Turns out the other deputy that the OP spoke of, was in fact the actual sheriff.
    Sheriff didn't know what he was dealing with or the fact that the uppers were legal.
    Doesn't shock me here in St.Marys county.

As far as restaurant, I understand you panicked, but if there was other contents that didn't belong to you I dont think you would have called the sheriff, you would have done what Elvis did....."Return to sender" (although the OP would have had to wait longer to get them)

Contrary to popular liberal belief, those evil gun parts would not have jumped off the counter and started a rampage in your restaurant.

Positive out of this... you understand that that mindset is false. Lesson learned. And yes I would frequent your restaurant after this.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    The package was not addressed incorrectly. My address was covering up a label that was addressed to Lusby? There was not a first and last name on the box just a name and phone number that was not local. I don't care if customers have firearm in their vehicles legally, I have plenty of family members that have concealed weapons permits.

As for a day at the range I will try to make a hole in my schedule.. and if you decide on a "beer summit" be it 2 or 10 people and I am not there.. have the manager on duty give me a call. I'd love to come up for a few!

And please solomons commune is a great stand up person from everything I've read (not sure were the lie part came from)

Dana

:thumbsup:

Hopefully the remaining torches have been snuffed and pitchforks dulled. People are oftentimes their own worst enemy. :sad20:

Sirex