• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Customer... 6 or 7 months ago.

Wow, the hysteria is in full swing now. Sorry I tried to point out some bs going on here. I'll remove myself from the situation. ha...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Customer... 6 or 7 months ago.

Wow, the hysteria is in full swing now. Sorry I tried to point out some bs going on here. I'll remove myself from the situation. ha...

I'm just trying to understand:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 6.41.48 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 6.41.48 AM.png
      6.5 KB · Views: 516

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    And there they are. Mislabeled.

We should get a bunch of those mats... they have conclusions all over them, that you can jump to. ;)

I'm still done with Db's! If they had simply read the label and simply called the person/business listed on the label.

They drank the Kool-aid I will spend my money at other establishments.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    And what are you trying to understand? It looks pretty cut and dry from here.

Are you telling me that a local business doesn't have the right to see whats being said about them? Or are you trying to say that it's alright to support one business and then bash another without knowing the full story?

Are you seriously trying to say that I've broken some kind of unwritten code in these forums by notifying a business that they're getting treated unfairly for no reason?

Are you truly telling me that you see no merit in any of my posts?

I have a construction job I've missed hours from due to weather. Gotta go to work. My failure to post for the rest of the day will reflect this.

Some of you talk about koolaid. Please read the entire thread again and then make your decision on who's drinking it.

HoCoAR

Ultimate Member
    Nov 15, 2012
    Today I headed over to my office to pick up a package of Spike's Tactical uppers that arrived yesterday according to my UPS tracking info. To my dismay the package wasn't there.

Takeway #2 - Have shipments of potentially scary looking things held at UPS Terminal ( not independent storefront ) , for signature of adressee only.

^this

I stopped worrying about and chasing packages delivered to me when I wasn't there. Started using UPS Choice after seeing news reports with security videos of package theft.

UPS Choice https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/tracking/tracking/umc_tracking_help.html

-Deliver to a UPS Retail Location (additional fee will apply for UPS My Choice Members)
    -Hold for Will Call (request your package be held for pickup at a UPS Customer Center)

My terminal has Saturday 9AM to 1PM hours and weeknights till 7PM. I am always nice to them when I go in there.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    something pretty crazy happened to me today which I believe was in violation of more than just my second amendment rights. I'm going to apologize ahead of time for any grammatical errors, as I'm still in shock and am posting this from my cell phone. I'll try and condense without leaving any facts out.

I'm an Active Duty Sailor and a small business owner. I sell sporting and hunting (accessories) on my off time when I'm not working on base. Today I headed over to my office to pick up a package of Spike's Tactical uppers that arrived yesterday according to my UPS tracking info. To my dismay the package wasn't there. I immediately called UPS and discovered that they were accidentally delivered to a small restaurant close by and it was signed for by a Jane Doe. So naturally I headed right over to the establishment and explained the situation. I knew something was fishy when Jane Doe, the restaurant owner had me wait outside while they "looked for the package". Shortly there after I was approached by 2 ST Mary's Sheriffs dressed in civilian attire and was questioned about the contents of the package. Knowing full well that I did nothing wrong I explained exactly what happened. They then explain to me that they didn't think that I did anything wrong but they were going to hold onto the uppers for the weekend while they figured some things out and that I should call them on Monday and see if they're ready to release them back to me. I repeatedly asked them why they were being confiscated? Knowing for 1, I didn't violate any laws, 2 the contents of the package are completely non-regulated, and 3 the package was addressed to me, the owner. I also explained to them that I just recently launched my website, am pretty spread thin financially and invested $XXXX into these uppers that I'm paying interest on as we speak.

I guess my question is what the hell should I do?

PLEASE READ ALL OF MY POSTS ON THIS THREAD. THE SITUATION WAS BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION.

I smell civil suit not only against LEO but also and more importantly against the restaurant.

I'm quite sure there's no end to the number of laws/infractions on the books against opening a package NOT addressed to you.

The Restaurant is now responsible for civil damages (hassles, lost revenue, etc etc) not to mention possible criminal aspects of opening the package.

Lawyer up and make their life hell

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Oh.

I'm not trying to be a d-head here, but can't we all agree that not everyone knows what an AR15 upper is?

And can't we agree that at least half of the people in the United States, that work in a little local restaurant in the middle of a shopping center, would call the police if they opened a package that was delivered 'to said restaurant', and it was filled with, what they only knew as, 10 big black scary tactical rifles?

I don't know if it's the rum and cokes I've had or what, I just can't figure how some of you are genuinely surprised that they called LE when they opened that box.

If I didn't know what I know now, and I was in the same position, I'd be doing the same thing. To make it seem like they were 'establishing their position as anti-2A' is some kind of craziness fabricated out of thin air and I'm distraught that people in this community I've followed for so long but only just recently joined would jump so far as to making conclusions like that based on absolutely nothing.

I'm assuming they were trying to act as concerned citizens.

Lets try and keep our heads on straight and stay the course in our fight for freedom and stop attacking others who are just innocent bystanders.

Anyone need a refill?

Again, just my 2cents.

I'm pretty sure you broke a bunch of laws in opening a package that was not addressed to you.

Just wondering.....do you step out into the road without looking both ways too?

HoCoAR

Ultimate Member
    Nov 15, 2012

Are you telling me that a local business doesn't have the right to see whats being said about them? Or are you trying to say that it's alright to support one business and then bash another without knowing the full story?

Are you seriously trying to say that I've broken some kind of unwritten code in these forums by notifying a business that they're getting treated unfairly for no reason?

I have a construction job I've missed hours from due to weather. Gotta go to work. My failure to post for the rest of the day will reflect this.

Some of you talk about koolaid. Please read the entire thread again and then make your decision on who's drinking it.

Your first post to this thread said ...

Funny how fast the fire spreads.

I've got no dog in this fight, ....

I immediately called UPS and discovered that they were accidentally delivered to a small restaurant close by and it was signed for by a Jane Doe.
    I have signed for thousands of UPS packages in my life and I have always used my real name.
    Does Jane Doe sign for other deliveries?

Feb 28, 2013

You're damn right it does.
    Are you telling me that a local business doesn't have the right to see whats being said about them?

If you didn't pull that type of funny business you wouldn't hafta worry much about that, would ya?

Or are you trying to say that it's alright to support one business and then bash another without knowing the full story?

Looks to me like we do have the full story.

At the moment I'd say they, or is it YOU, are getting exactly what they or YOU deserve.

Not anymore.

It would seem you were posting here under false pretenses. And if I were running this place you'd be gone.

I have a construction job I've missed hours from due to weather.

Oh yeah? What trade?:liar:
    Gotta go to work.

Good idea. Go cook.:rolleyes:
    My failure to post for the rest of the day will reflect this.

How convenient...
    Some of you talk about koolaid.

Need we remind everyone of who opened who's package without permission?
    Please read the entire thread again and then make your decision on who's drinking it.

No need to do that to know that you're full of it. You got nosey and opened somebody else's package, saw something inside that you personally find distasteful, and decided to call the cops and subject some law abiding gun owner to a whole bunch of needless aggravation based on your own political agenda.

Frankly I hope you go out of business for this.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    This situation should be considered resolved with a happy ending. Move on.

UPS made a mistake.

The restaurant opened the package possibly by mistake, erred on the side of caution and called LE.

LE erred on the side of caution until their boss told the what to do.

OP got his inventory back intact.

Tomorrow is another day.

The talk of civil suites and punitive action is a bit much. People make mistakes and misjudgements.

No lawyers were paid in the making of this drama :thumbsup: :lol2:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The way I see it:

1) UPS screwed up and redirected the box to the wrong place.
    2) The restaurant opened the box (honest mistake)
    3) The restaurant panics and calls the Sheriff's dept.( I'm willing to blame this on pure ignorance rather than malice and give them the benefit of the doubt)
    4) The responding deputies confiscated the uppers out of ignorance (no excuse there, they should know better)
    5) The Sheriff was notified of the situation and made it right. ( I hope he plans to educate his deputies so nobody else's rights are stomped on unnecessarily.)

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I have been monitoring this thread since it was started yesterday. The overall tone has gone from "sue the bastards" to "boycott DBM's and Lenny's and the hotel they own for good measure" to the "sheriff's department is stupid and anti-2A" to admins joining the fracas and throwing fuel on the fire. (And yes, if a business is being smeared in a public forum they have a right to know about it and defend themselves. They have a right to confront their accusers.)

I have never been to any of these businesses and don't know SolomonsCommune from the man in the moon, but he seems to be one of the sane voices in this 158 posts thread. IMHO, this whole discussion has turned into a shark feeding frenzy and is counterproductive to the overall goals of the forum.

The OP has received his uppers and gotten over this mix-up (pending satisfaction from UPS), so I suggest we all take a knee, untie the nooses, and quit arguing. And maybe some of our members who frequently seem to be trying to pick a fight in this and other threads just need to grow up.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Oh.

I'm not trying to be a d-head here, but can't we all agree that not everyone knows what an AR15 upper is?

And can't we agree that at least half of the people in the United States, that work in a little local restaurant in the middle of a shopping center, would call the police if they opened a package that was delivered 'to said restaurant', and it was filled with, what they only knew as, 10 big black scary tactical rifles?

I don't know if it's the rum and cokes I've had or what, I just can't figure how some of you are genuinely surprised that they called LE when they opened that box.

If I didn't know what I know now, and I was in the same position, I'd be doing the same thing. To make it seem like they were 'establishing their position as anti-2A' is some kind of craziness fabricated out of thin air and I'm distraught that people in this community I've followed for so long but only just recently joined would jump so far as to making conclusions like that based on absolutely nothing.

I'm assuming they were trying to act as concerned citizens.

Lets try and keep our heads on straight and stay the course in our fight for freedom and stop attacking others who are just innocent bystanders.

Anyone need a refill?

Again, just my 2cents.

Actually your first call should have been to UPS to report a misdelivered package and have them check the tracking number. Or maybe call the actual recipient's phone number printed on the label to determine if it was a misdelivery of a legitimate item. ONLY if it turned out to be illegitimate should you have contacted law enforcement. But hey, that's only non-alcoholic, not drinking rum & cokes before supposedly going to work common sense.

Last edited:

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    Your first post to this thread said ...

I have signed for thousands of UPS packages in my life and I have always used my real name.
    Does Jane Doe sign for other deliveries?

Jane Doe as in I did not want to reveal the actually persons name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom