• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZmagDnim

Jan 15, 2011
    California
    Hello everyone, figured I would introduce myself before I start posting. The name is Zach, I joined the forum around New Years and have since been lurking. Not long before joining up I picked up my first gun, a 9mm XD. I haven't had the chance to shoot it to much, however when I do shoot it I love it. The forum has already provided me with a lot of great information and I look forward to learning much more. I can foresee this forum causing me to spend a lot of money. I am already trying to figure out what my next purchase will be...

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Welcome from slightly north of you. As you can tell already, this forum has the info you need.:D

Be careful around here, or you'll catch EBR disease too.;)

ZmagDnim

Jan 15, 2011
    California
    Thanks for the welcomes! Inigoes, I used Accurate as my FFL when I bought the XD and they couldn't have been any better to deal with. A great couple of folks there.

guthook, what is the EBR disease?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Thanks for the welcomes! Inigoes, I used Accurate as my FFL when I bought the XD and they couldn't have been any better to deal with. A great couple of folks there.

guthook, what is the EBR disease?

Mwahahahaha!:evilgrin3

Evil Black Rifle disease. It is mandatory for all MD Shooters to have an AR-15 and a Mosin Nagant.:innocent0

ZmagDnim

Jan 15, 2011
    California
    Ha! Funny you should say that, I'm starting to look into an AR build.

bbguns, Thanks for the heads up. A buddy from work (gruntz03 on here) is a member at Sanner's lake. He allowed me to tag along one day. I guess I should finish filling out the application and get another signature so I can get a foot in the door.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland

bbguns, Thanks for the heads up. A buddy from work (gruntz03 on here) is a member at Sanner's lake. He allowed me to tag along one day. I guess I should finish filling out the application and get another signature so I can get a foot in the door.
    DO it now, do not wait. Your app goes on a waiting list and will be considered in order of dates. If you need a 2nd sig, PM me and we could meet sometime. I work at PAX and also live in California.
    Sanners Lake is great. :thumbsup:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Watch out, guthook's ideas will hurt your wallet. When you sit back and think that would be cool, the money will fly out of your bank account.

Got your C&R FFL yet ($30 payable to the BATFE), and the MD collector's affadavit (free, jus cost the notary fee and a stamp) yet?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Watch out, guthook's ideas will hurt your wallet. When you sit back and think that would be cool, the money will fly out of your bank account.

Got your C&R FFL yet ($30 payable to the BATFE), and the MD collector's affadavit (free, jus cost the notary fee and a stamp) yet?

:lol2:QFT:lol:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    No I have not gotten these yet. Haven't really found a reason to get one.

The collector's affadavit will allow you to purchase what you want when you want. No mandatory waiting periods, except for the 7 days while the MSP checks you out.

Say you get your tax return, and it's substantial, and you want to purchase 3 regulated firearms. Without it, you would have to figure out a timeline; otherwise, you pay - wait 7 days, pickup.

When you wait till that exact moment, then you will be cussing yourself out. It's more of a foresight/planning thing.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Please look here for lots of good information about the site:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Check in here to learn about your 2A rights and how to support them:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Take a look at the MDShooters Industry Partners section here:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

For a list of ranges look here:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=38816[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom