• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Saturday would you be able to attend an AK build party?

• Total voters

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Where will this be held? Looks like my Dad and I will be in attendance. I've got my Polish underfolder to build out and we ordered him one of the Hungarian parts kits.

I'm a novice at AK construction as this is my first one but we're working to make sure we meet the 922(r) nonsense. His rifle will have a US made barrel, magazine body/follower/floorplate, muzzle attachment and receiver so we should be good to go if my research is correct. Not sure what I am going to do for my rifle since it's an older parts kit with a foreign made barrel. Guess I could get a Tapco trigger or something and use the same other US parts that he is using. Unless someone here has a better idea...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Also it was suggested a while back that the best way to preserve the original look of the rifle while finishing the receiver was to rivet in the trunnions, bead blast the assembled receiver, parkerize it, and then coat it in Norell's Molyresin before completing the build.

Does anyone have the molyresin and will there be a park tank at this party? I would gladly compensate someone for use of the coating. Since I will only need it once I figured it'd be better to ask here first

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Are they still planning a big announcement? I have been debating jumping on one of these kits or one with a barrel already head spaced but their comment about something big has given me a moment of pause. Limited receivers and cash are making the decision tougher!

these are the best kit and price we have seen in years if you are just a shooter get the $200 kit collector the 250

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    is it worth getting one with a headspace barrel for 349? Other than attending a build party I have no way of assembling these.

I was debating the matching vs non. Non wouldnt hurt my feeling yes it will be for the collection but I'm not an ak collector and its on a homebuilt lower so it wont be sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom