Soo.. what's the deal with the Utah CCW now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • '04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    Pennsylvania Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor Except for Arizona, Florida, Maine, Mississippi, Utah and Virginia. They have agreements that specifically states “Legal Resident of AZ, FL, ME, MS, UT and VA.

AZ, FL, ME, MS, UT and VA Permit/Licenses issued to non-residents are no longer valid in PA

Copied from Handgunlaw.us

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Pennsylvania Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor Except for Arizona, Florida, Maine, Mississippi, Utah and Virginia. They have agreements that specifically states “Legal Resident of AZ, FL, ME, MS, UT and VA.

AZ, FL, ME, MS, UT and VA Permit/Licenses issued to non-residents are no longer valid in PA

Copied from Handgunlaw.us

Ty

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    This is the thread I found concerning carrying on my Utah in PA.

Is it true that I still can't conceal carry but can open carry while traveling and visiting the gas station john?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is the thread I found concerning carrying on my Utah in PA.

Is it true that I still can't conceal carry but can open carry while traveling and visiting the gas station john?

Open Carry in PA is legal without a permit outside of the city limits of Philadelphia.

Car transport should be good with any CCW permit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    absolutely true. I'd bet she's not too worried since it's an expensive proposition to obtain a TX CCW permit, what with travel and fees. etc. I think her beef may have been the ease of getting NR permits like VA, FL and UT that still allowed carry in PA by adjacent state residents.

The TX permit is $140 plus 60-90 bucks for a class plus 50 rounds of ammo. Not cheap. Then add in air fare and a hotel.

itsatrap

Jan 6, 2011
    MoCo
    When I got my Utah permit non res a few years ago, the instructor said that no matter what she wanted to do she could not change the reciprocity of the permit. That it was written into law or some sorts like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom