So...looks like I may be moving back to WV...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    We got a foot and a half over along the Ohio in Wood County...

Philippi was high, but not bad. Buckhannon got a bit flooded, Elkins was not bad when I went through Wednesday.

I'm starting to think with the cluster of folks here we should organize a shoot @ Pleasants Creek just north of Philippi in the near future? PM me, I'm down for it as I travel through there all of the time.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I'm starting to think with the cluster of folks here we should organize a shoot @ Pleasants Creek just north of Philippi in the near future? PM me, I'm down for it as I travel through there all of the time.

Love to when the mud clears. My wife has to drive to Maryland for my retirement party and the RAV4,was incased in mud cinders or whatever they use on the roads. Took two runs through the car wash to get it cleaned.

Last edited:

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Well WV is treating me great. I haven't been this happy in a long time. I'll really be able to enjoy it once I get my Baltimore home sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well WV is treating me great. I haven't been this happy in a long time. I'll really be able to enjoy it once I get my Baltimore home sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great. I am happy for you and envious of you at the same time.

Enjoy!

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Nice.

Turns out I may be owning this house sooner than later.

And the new road is done from Mt. Storm all the way to Wardensville. I made the drive from Elkins to Annapolis in just over 4 hours.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Nice.

Turns out I may be owning this house sooner than later.

And the new road is done from Mt. Storm all the way to Wardensville. I made the drive from Elkins to Annapolis in just over 4 hours.

Do you take it all the way to Mt. Storm? I get off in Petersburg and come into Elkins on 33. If there is a faster way I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Do you take it all the way to Mt. Storm? I get off in Petersburg and come into Elkins on 33. If there is a faster way I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.

That's the way I used to go. This time I tried both going from Elkins to Parsons to Thomas to Mt Storm on the way to MD, and on the way back I came to Mt. Storm and cut through Canaan to Harman. The way home was faster, and the new road is so easy to drive and it is really pretty.

If they would finish the road from Elkins to Parsons, that would be great but the old road is terrible, so Canaan and Harman ended up being better.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yep its really good here. Made a left turn instead of a right this morning and ended up at Valley Guns II. Asked them if they had any Glock 17s in stock. They showed me one stock G3 and one G3 w/threaded barrel. 15 minutes later I walked out with one plus a new holster. Now I got me a new gun to use in the WV State IDPA match in a little over 2 weeks. In MD I would have had to plan it at least a month in advance.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Yep its really good here. Made a left turn instead of a right this morning and ended up at Valley Guns II. Asked them if they had any Glock 17s in stock. They showed me one stock G3 and one G3 w/threaded barrel. 15 minutes later I walked out with one plus a new holster. Now I got me a new gun to use in the WV State IDPA match in a little over 2 weeks. In MD I would have had to plan it at least a month in advance.

Valley Guns II seemed like the best stocked shop in that area. I grabbed my S&W M&P-15X from them a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom