• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Has anyone ever considered Hogan & Pallozzi don't give a rat's ass about "shall issue" or quasi shall issue? Why is everyone considering statements "I'm Pro 2A" from a politician as synonymous to allowing people to carry in public? It is nice Hogan is in as a firewall to fend off more restrictions, but he's never stated he would change current policy, NEVER.
    Uummm, yes he did. Its been covered many times.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Ah,....... ta ta ta...

Yes he did. Very specifically from what I read.

:lol: I bet we are on the same page..

Everyone just dismiss the following from Hogan's handler;

Hogan repeatedly promised throughout the campaign that he would not roll back the state’s gun control measures, and his spokesman Wednesday confirmed his position hasn’t changed. “If we get bogged down on tinkering around with law in Maryland on controversial issues, we’re never going be able to work together across party lines to fix our broken economy,” said Adam Dubitsky, Hogan’s spokesman

OK, flame on about what you believe constitutes "gun control measures". I guess I'm delusional that politically, shall issue certainly falls under gun control measures.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    :lol: I bet we are on the same page..

Everyone just dismiss the following from Hogan's handler;

Hogan repeatedly promised throughout the campaign that he would not roll back the state’s gun control measures, and his spokesman Wednesday confirmed his position hasn’t changed. “If we get bogged down on tinkering around with law in Maryland on controversial issues, we’re never going be able to work together across party lines to fix our broken economy,” said Adam Dubitsky, Hogan’s spokesman

OK, flame on about what you believe constitutes "gun control measures". I guess I'm delusional that politically, shall issue certainly falls under gun control measures.
    You fail to understand that defining PD as G&S in no way changes the laws that are on the books.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You fail to understand that defining PD as G&S in no way changes the laws that are on the books.

Got it. Defining language that changes original intent, is not changing laws. You go ahead and sell that to the other side of the aisle.

Dec 31, 2012
    Got it. Defining language that changes original intent, is not changing laws. You go ahead and sell that to the other side of the aisle.
    It doesn't have to be sold, that's the beauty of it.

The original intent is vague and at the discretion of the governor.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Just stating what's in the law, try reading it. That section was there long before the intent of FASA 2013. Again, following the law in no way " Rolls back" anything.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    By all means please site this! Where? He was asked point blank on radio, and made one of the greatest dodges ever.

It was told to one of our member in person by Larry Hogan. It has been discussed in numerous threads, ill try to find it for you but it was in April 2014

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I think k what he's saying is that he doesn't believe anything that anyone tells him about any meeting where Hogan may or may not have made such a statement or if he even attended such a meeting. If it wasn't on WBAL , it didn't happen.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I am not 100% sure about the right time to do this. After this session is done, he is going to get on the Hogan bus, and tell all of masses, how their legislator didn't respond to the repeal of the rain tax. He will hand out pamphlets, with numbers, names, etc. Then when he gets back, and the new session starts, he will lambaste them. In a way, I think he wanted this to happen. Because now he is going to show them how its done.

bk, That would be great. BUT...you have to have voting records first. If bills sit buried in a drawer in committee, then there is nothing to expose. This is the problem. The cowards need to be called out by forcing the vote. The House has the power to do that now, they need to use it.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

the original intent is for whomever is in power to make the decision. im confident that g&s will be defined this year, in a meaningful way. there is no secret squirrel stuff. its just a matter of going out and asking them in person.

im confident that the defining of g&s will be the motivation for the general assembly to revamp md carry law. the current law is meant to work with a restrictive system that only allows elites to carry. it does not address sensitive places, the ability for business owners to ban carry, use of alcohol, or law enforcement notification during a stop. these are provisions in most successful shall issue laws. the dems in the GA can have these things, and save face by "making carry laws stronger" but they have to pass real non arbitrary "shall issue" to get them, otherwise an administrative change can make md one of the least restrictive places to carry after a sucessful application. and they can't allow that.

tldr: an administrate change means the GA has to fix the may issue law

so new bill needs to be drafted by Sine Die. its needs to be circulated immediately. it needs to have all the co sponsors by the end of april. it needs to be presented to committee members at their district offices. we need to show that all the hard work has been done, and no stone left unturned. everything needs to be addressed. we need to give them the restrictions amendments necessary for them to save face and spin the bill for their side. the key word is "comprehensive", and abandoning the "we just want to change may to shall, just one word" approach.

and , worst of all you most of you, we need to start supporting those that we expect to flip for us.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    He said he would fix G&S day one. No more waiting

How is that working now?

So SB100, and people here testifying for it, was all just grandstanding.

I think k what he's saying is that he doesn't believe anything that anyone tells him about any meeting where Hogan may or may not have made such a statement or if he even attended such a meeting. If it wasn't on WBAL , it didn't happen.

I wouldn't accept any promise or policy from a politician he does not make public. Hogan may have said it, may have been misunderstood or even changed his mind five minutes later. I'm erring on people hearing what they want to hear. Politicians are masters of language and can have you hear what you want to hear. Compare what was heard to what was published. I see a big disparity there. As a politician, are you going to follow what you are on record of in public or behind closed doors?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    So SB100, and people here testifying for it, was all just grandstanding?

It was 2 things at least. first it was a barometer. to gauge how much support our community can muster, how well we can defend it, and how much political cover we can provide.
    most of us failed that test. but not for lack of trying to rally the troops and combat the debbie downers and moles spreading their seeds of dissent.

the second thing it was, was a shot across the bow. a warning that if the GA didnt act, they wouldn't like the results. hence the press conferences, and videos, and news appearances. when the GA starts complaining we can say "you had your chance" and "you were warned". instead they played chicken and desk drawered a solution, a bill they could have dressed up however they wished. when they whine about an administrative definition, we ask them why they are so ignorant of the law they created and they drafted.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Listen, I know there are members here that are sick and tired of putting their time and money on the line to try and restore our rights. I know there are frustrated members here with the process Maryland has or lacks. I know there are members here that feel like they are complete morons from continually pouring resources into a process that is rigged against any fair outcome. I am one of YOU, but I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I will die fighting for OUR rights. I will die fighting for my children's freedom. I will die fighting for for the rights that don't even recognize the importance of what we fight for or those who despise what we fight for. We are not fighting just for 2A issues. This has a much larger impact than just gun rights. Our future success and victories will be a beacon of hope and inspiration to those who take issue with our state and our country for many, many other reasons. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

We are roughly 90 days into a new governor's term. Most of us here have no clue how much there is to do as a new governor. Especially following a governor who f'ed up our state as much as Martin has. Keep Calm and Fight On!

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    It was 2 things at least. first it was a barometer. to gauge how much support our community can muster, how well we can defend it, and how much political cover we can provide.
    most of us failed that test. but not for lack of trying to rally the troops and combat the debbie downers and moles spreading their seeds of dissent.

the second thing it was, was a shot across the bow. a warning that if the GA didnt act, they wouldn't like the results. hence the press conferences, and videos, and news appearances. when the GA starts complaining we can say "you had your chance" and "you were warned". instead they played chicken and desk drawered a solution, a bill they could have dressed up however they wished. when they whine about an administrative definition, we ask them why they are so ignorant of the law they created and they drafted.

Right on point.

Thanks.

supernova00

Sep 19, 2013
    Has anyone tried applying since Hogan has taken office? How about since Pallozi was appointed/sworn in? If so, has it been denied or are you still waiting on a response?

If I was to apply today, how much money would I lose out on if it is denied? I'm willing to file and only use self-defense as the reason to see what happens.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Has anyone tried applying since Hogan has taken office? How about since Pallozi was appointed/sworn in? If so, has it been denied or are you still waiting on a response?

If I was to apply today, how much money would I lose out on if it is denied? I'm willing to file and only use self-defense as the reason to see what happens.

There has not been enough time for applications in that time period to work through the system. Pallozi was only sworn in last week. Do you really think anyone would have an answer on an application in a week? It takes 8 days in this state to buy a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom